Part 29: For The Rest Of My Life

Start from the beginning

"Ana shut up, everyone's looking!" He exclaimed, to which she replied, "Yeah, let them know how bad you are at making decisions."
Poor Daniel.

Everything was set. It was 11:40 pm right now. Why hasn't she come yet? Mom and Dad never let me stay out late, not even till 10:30. Well, this explains who they love more, of course.

The sound of a car caught all of our's attentions as we peeked out of the now curtained windows of my room. We saw her and Rayna come out of the car, laughing and giggling over something. At least someone's living their life to its fullest, I thought.
She rung the doorbell and we heard the door close in a few seconds. Voices increased as they climbed upstairs and entered her room.

I planned to do the decoration in my room as I knew she would want to go and change and relax in her room whenever she came, and it happened exactly how I thought.

11:58.
I had asked my mom to send her in my room with some excuse and she did that. I had locked my door, so she couldn't get in without knocking.
Knock knock.
There she is. I waited for a while as she knocked again, showing how impatient she is. "Layla open the damn door! God this girl!" She exclaimed her disinterest about me as I slowly walked towards the door. I turned off the lights so that when I get out of my room, she can't see anything inside.

"Layla have you died in there or wha-" "What is it?" I said as I got out of my room. "I know you wish I was dead, but can you at least keep it to yourself?" I said, making her eyes roll. 10 seconds more. "Layla-"
"You know what, I don't want to listen to whatsoever it is, hmm?" I said and turned around, opening the door to my room and got in. I knew she would come inside after me. 3 seconds.

"Layla!" She exclaimed as I shut the door on her face. She opened it after 2 seconds and switched on the lights, only to get surprised as we all shouted "Happy Birthday Zahra!"
I had made sure that her reaction was recorded by asking Daniel to take a video when she knocked at the door.

"Happy birthday bestie," Rayna came from behind and hugged her, followed by my parents who wishes her and kissed her cheeks and forehead.

"What- what is this? When did y'all get here?" She asked, her voice laced with happiness. "All thanks to sweet lil Layla, who asked us to come over to surprise you and make your special day a little more special," Saarim said and side hugged me. He then wished her and hugged her as she hugged him back and said, "Thankyou."

The twins were next in line to wish her, followed by my friends. As they went to her and wished her together, her expression changed, like she was surprised to see them here. Ohmygodnonono. Maybe she didn't like their presence here?

She then smiled and hugged them, thanking them for being here. It was my turn to wish her, so I went ahead and said, "Happiest Birthday Zee." I expected her to just mumble a 'thank you' when instead, she hugged me and said, "Thank you Layla. I-I don't know what to say. I've been so harsh and bad towards you yet-" "Hey! Shh. Not now Zahra, this isn't the time for this, enjoy your special day. We can always talk about it later," I said, trying to convince her.

"No, let me speak. Yet you found a way to make my birthday special by doing this and inviting my friends. Thank you Layla, and- and I'm so sorry for treating you like crap and being rude towards you so this time. I really am." She said and wiped the tears off my face which I didn't know were flowing. "Okay, it's alright. Now go and get dressed. Your dress is in your closet between two coats. Go," I said and softly kissed my sister's cheek.

She went in her room with Rayna while the rest of us sat in my room talking with each other. "I'm so happy that she realised now wrong she'd been treating you Lay," Iqra said to which Zayn and Shifa nodded.
"Me too," Saarim said as he came and sat in front of me and held my hands. "I know how she treats you- from a year or so- and I swear to God I can't even imagine what I would do if I were in your position. You're so strong Layla, I hope you'll forgive her."
"There's nothing to forgive. She's my sister and I-I know that she never meant whatever she's said to me till now. I can understand it's - its just that I- I feel bad when-" I broke into tears and my voice choked in my throat.

"Shh, its fine. It's alright to feel. And I know that in that heart of yours, there is so much love for her, that you cannot be angry with her," he said as he enveloped me in a hug.
He soon let go of the hug and I went in the washroom to wash my face. I was probably looking red like a beet from crying.
Oh God. I looked miserable. I washed my face and patted it dry with my towel. I applied a slightly tinted lip balm and some mascara. My cheeks were already red from all the crying- thanks to my sensitive skin- so l didn't need any blush. I changed my t-shirt into a beige sweatshirt and matched it with black jeans. I then tied my hair in a ponytail and went in my room.

"So you've been best friends since the last 3 years?" Daniel, aka Dan asked Zayn, who nodded and replied, "Best friends but she's more like a sister to me, right Lay?" He looked in my direction as I went and sat beside him, putting my head on his shoulder.
"Right. He's the best brother one can ever have!" I said and and saw him smiling at me from the corner of my eyes.
"Well, when is your birthday Layla?" Diana asked
and I answered "Um, in 3 months, on 23rd of December" I replied.
"Wow, just after 3 months of Zahra's. That's sister-ly," Dan said, making us erupt in laughter. "What? Why are all of you laughing at me like this?" He asked, quite confused as Shifa said, "What the hell is sisterly?" He looked a little embarassed, so l said, "I'm pretty sure he meant that it's unique how we have our birthdays on the same dates, right Dan?" He nodded and said, "Exactly what I meant. You're my soulmate Layla." This time, we laughed even harder.

Zahra entered the room looking pretty as always in her black shimmery dress. Her bold red lipstick contrasted with her dress. We all stood up as she begun to cut the cake and sang 'Happy birthday' to her.
Once she cut the cake, she fed everyone and I made slices of the cake, giving to all of them. "Lay, come here," Zayn said and I took my plate and sat beside him. "Yeah?" I asked as he asked, "What does my sister want on her birthday?"

I smiled and said, "Um, how about you promise to always be by my side and never leave me alone? That's the best gift you can gift me." He chuckled and said, "I think that's gonna be quite... pricey. I'll have to tolerate you for the rest of my life- Ow!" He winced as I jokingly hit him upside down his head.

*    *    *    *    *

So, do tell me how it was in the comments below!! Happy birthday to me!<3

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33