Part 26: She's Off Limits

Start from the beginning

"Because I knew how Zayn's brother would annoy him and do wrong by him. And when I found out that he is Zayn's brother, my heart broke in ways that no one could imagine. It wasn't easy for me to let go of the person I've liked so much, but then, my love for Zayn was more than my liking towards Imran." I sighed and Theo looked... shocked.

"Honestly Layla, deep down I always thought that there's something between the two of you. The way he behaves around you, the change in him since college reopened, and how caring he has been for you says it all."

He cares for me? "Well, we can always talk about it later, but right now, how will you go home? Why don't you call your sister?" "Her? Even when I'll be dying somewhere, she'll say that she's way too tired to come there for me. Forget her. Um, could you maybe call a mechanic, so that he fixes my car?" I ask and he nods, dialling the phone to a mechanic.

"Hey, he said that it might take more than an hour for your car to get fixed. Meanwhile, why don't you come with me? I'm headed to a party," Theo suggested. I looked at my clothes- a black crop top with black leather wide jeans.

"I've never been to a party before except Iqra and Shifa's parties," I say and he chuckles, saying, "Everyone has a first time, your's is now

"I've never been to a party before except Iqra and Shifa's parties," I say and he chuckles, saying, "Everyone has a first time, your's is now. I've sent him the location of your car and he doesn't need to unlock it. Once he's done, I'll drop you back, sounds good?"
I nod and he drives away.

After a short drive of ten minutes, we reach a house that's literally vibrating from the music. Theo honks and the gates open, as he drives in and parks the car in the garden. Cups and plates were scattered everywhere in the garden, and the lights beamed at us.

He gestured for me to enter the house and as soon as we did, the music loudened, and the disco lights flashed at us. "Layla, hold my hand and do not let go of it. People here are drunk and that's not a good thing," he spoke loudly in between the songs playing. I nodded and we proceeded to the kitchen area, where some people were either taking out bottles from the fridge or eating chips and snacks.

"Hey man!" Theo greeted a guy and they did their 'bro hug' or whatever it is called. "Woah, who's that chick" he said pointing at me when Theo said, "Josh, she's off limits, you better stay away from her." The guy Josh just chuckled and said, "Okay okay, easy man, I'm not gonna do something, relax."

Suddenly, everyone started hooting and shouting. I looked at Theo who gestured me to follow him. On going in the big-ass drawing room, we saw Imran coming. Oh no! What will he say when he finds out that I am here? Without saying anything to Theo, I sneaked upstairs and hid in a room. Oh God!

Author's P.O.V.

While Layla hid herself in one of the rooms upstairs thinking no one saw her, Josh noticed this.
Theo on the other hand was thinking whether or not to tell Imran about Layla's presence. "What are you thinking?" Imran asked his best friend, to which he replied, "Me? Nah, nothing." Imran proceeded towards the kitchen while Theo stops him.