Volume 1 - Part 1: The Becoming

The lawless region of Vandua, they would called it. Dominated by major figures vying for wealth, territories, and powers - where intermittent wars, endless bloodsheds, and racial disputes ravaged the tumultuous land over the turning of history for one's own ends.

Tales have sung the same old stories about how Vandua were in no different to that cursed realm of Blesendor; beyond redemption in all kinds of help, for what ill-fate is worst than to live under a condemned life deprived of the right to exist, let alone to succumbed upon the inevitable misfortunes deemed as natural becoming for the unfortunates whom happened to be on the restless land. The inescapable destiny for taking do rest upon whether to fight for a bitter survival or to die before the brought about exhausted region, and it will be always that way; bounded under ill-destiny to struggle over the rest of own life for just trying to live, until could no longer fight nor the day of being vanquished has eventually betided. 

What considered normal life in the region would fall under similar sorts of affliction in tide of times; wanderers whom constantly move from one place to another in run for their skin; warriors turning into evil forces to seek shelter under the wings of wicked conquerors - if you can't beat them, join them, a harsh but effective countermeasure against the brutal world; or perhaps when struck of luck is in a bit of gaining favor, then chances are to live in servitude under the mercy of a powerful lord - the only ideal life within reach of mere existence could ever hope to, for one most likely ended up in enslavement before the tip of a sword until used to death: traded like any object to be used if not forced as sacrificial pawns in lasting wars for the warlords.

To put it simply, it is a world governed by sheer force and utter power. Without it, you'll be just another helpless prey sitting at the bottom of the food chain. Serve for predators prowling up ahead; So would that only means that there's no choice but to yield for those in control? Unfortunately, it was history itself that witnessed the recurring hardships from time to time, until came the mighty figures straight from the other side of La'at towering mountains that changed the world of men forevermore. Ever since then, the lawless region of Vandua has never been like before.

They were called Wardens, and associated with their arrival was believed to be the cursed of Blesendor. A historic retribution sent forth by deities of heaven and earth to deliver punishment all over evildoers just as how the forsaken land of Blesendor was cursed to last, or so as what the legends have told, for no one has yet claimed to live the certain knowledge about their presence asides from their capabilities of catalyzing unearthly feats. Other than that, the Vandua remains clueless about where they are, what do they want, what brings them here, so on and so forth. These unanswered questions persist up to the present moment to such extent where lores and fables has exaggerated their own stories to scare mischievous youngsters in sort of ages.

However, even though the rumors of their reckoning appearance was not yet thoroughly felt across the lawless land, their undisputed reputation alone was enough to struck fear into the hearts of those unrighteous in questions. Not to mention the mounting emergence of exploits that defies all common senses; atop of everything was the rise of Sucrebalns in all description, followed by surfacing of distinct races - cursed and enemy of men, then witchcrafts and magics, summonings and miracles, and the list goes on. All transpired subsequent to their arrivals for who else but them could achieve such things - the very existences' that shaped the Blesendor, thus, upon all consideration would in turned compelled the powerhouses of Vandua in pulling off such drastic measures to forbid the foreign land from entering Vandua's region for good. One in particular was the founding of the great towers of men, erected high by enslavement strength to keep the cursed walks from entering the bordering edges. 

Still and all, as time unfolds amidst the severe reality over the restless land, a number of dawning convictions catalyzed out of own tribulation would eventually gave rise to unlikely embodiments. Characters that would set to break the chain of sufferings that has persisted for centuries. The stars deemed them as chosen Champions; whether gifted or cursed by the heavens and earth, or perhaps nothing at all more than their sheer will and utter determination.