"W-WAI-"

*BAM! BAM! BAM!*

Smashing his head into the ground, she then consumed him before running away by jumping onto the rooftops, just in time for nearby law enforcement officers and adventurers to arrive at the scene. Gaining access to his memories, she now has a new objective in mind.

"Researcher S, huh?"

"You're next."

...

* * *

...

"Holy... shit..."

"W-What happe--" *blurmp*

The adventurer ran to a trash bin to barf it all out.

...

"O-Officer? What the hell happened here?" A female adventurer asked.

"I'm j-just as shocked as you are." He replied.

"Secure the perimeter! Report back to the department and... call the chief!"

...

***

...

Eliss now hid in an alleyway, watching the crowds at the street pass by to investigate what happened a few blocks down.

Inspecting herself, she took off the bloody hood and threw it into the nearby trash bin. She then took out a napkin and wiped the blood on her face, cleaning it up.

Suddenly out of nowhere, a voice called out to her.

"Eliss!" It echoed throughout the small space.

She looked behind to the darker part of the alleyway, and out came--

...

"You're..."

"Blacklight?"

...

*pfffffft*

'Don't fucking laugh you retard,' he thought as he recomposed himself in front of her.

"Yuri," he clarified. "Oliver Yuri."

"It's been a while right?"

...

"Yeah," she replied.

"You've become more powerful I see... So, how's your day?"

Eliss immediately became suspicious of his intentions. Paranoid, she readied herself for combat.

"Why are you here?" She said, staring at him with a plan to kill. "What do you want from me?"

"Oh nothing," he replied. "I just wanted to... pacify you a bit--"

"Blades."

Eliss immediately rushed over with her armblades ready to attack. She leaped into the air and raised her arms, planning to strike him from above.

'Elis-- WAIT HOLD UP--'

"SHIELD!"

Timing it right, he activated his shield ability and successfully parried her attack, sending her flying a few meters away.

Using her blades as grips, she latched onto the ground to stop herself from rolling out to the street and to regain her stance.

"Heyheyheyhey! Hold up-- pause for a second!"

"I'm gonna have to rephrase that sentence real quick--"

"I meant to calm you down so that you stop killing shit for a moment!"