"Just to be sure..."

"Vision."

His vision blurred slightly, and everything turned a deeper shade of red. His senses dulled, especially his hearing. He then focused on the hooded figure, which glowed brightly in white.

A sign that it was 'Infected.'

"Gotcha."

Yuri backed away from the edge and walked away.

...

* * *

...

The hooded figure strolled through the market's streets, passing by stalls without interest. It glanced around, seemingly searching for something or someone. Then, their attention shifted towards a building beside the market.

In front of it, a large group gathered, chatting with a man in his forties who stood at the center. He laughed as he conversed with the group.

"---hahah, don't worry. I've got some 'products' ready to be bought." He said as he tapped the shoulder of the customer right in front of him.

"I'd like a fresh one, a virgin maybe," the customer asked.

The man went closer and whispered in his ear.

"We have a lot of those, so just choose the one you like the most," he smiled in front of him right after, reassuring him.

"Now that's what I call good marketing!"

The group laughed in response....

...

'Hm? Who's that?' The owner thought as he saw the hooded figure hastily walking towards his location.

A few seconds later, they broke into a run and rushed in his direction.

'Why is he runnin-- wait a sec- huh?!'

Their arms spread out and instantly transformed into red blades, widening his eyes. It sped towards the crowd, ready to blitz through it.

"INCOMING!"

"Incowha--"

The man heard a whirling sound when the figure performed a spinning attack, slicing through the crowd like a hot knife through butter. The surrounding bystanders stood in shock, as if frozen in ice before screaming and making a run for it.

The man stood there, covered in the guts and blood of his customers from the resulting aftermath.

His second best customer? Dead.

The people surrounding that man? Decapitated.

The sponsor? Annihilated.

And his business? Probably going to be folded.

... 'Hah... I should've not called them all to one spot...'

The figure stood on a pool of red, with blades protruding from their limbs. It transformed its right hand back to a normal one and slowly walked towards the man, stepping on the corpses as it took a few steps.

It stopped in front of him and stared. The man tried to see its face, but the shade of the hood prevented him from doing so. It grabbed his neck and began to strangle him.

"G-Ga- a-....AG.--"

The man finally saw its face when he was raised up high, but it wasn't what he had expected.

"E-Eliss...?"

She smiled at him.

"You remembered."