Taking a Shower

Beginne am Anfang

What did he just say?! I clench my jaw. "What the hell is going on over there?"

"Calm down, man! She'll be done in a minute and then you can talk to her. Okay?"

"I don't get it, did she go home with you?"

"Well I didn't kidnap her, if that's what you're implying," he says and I can't tell if he's being sarcastic or if that's just the tone of his voice.

"I swear to god if you hurt my girlfriend–"

"Your girlfriend?" He interrupts me. He sounds pissed now but not as pissed as me. "She's not your girlfriend, dude."

"What?" My fists will snap from the pressure! "Who the fuck are you?"

"I'm Kiroh, who are you?"

I recognize his name from the Lorule baseball roster... No way Zelda's with him... No fucking way...

"I'm Link and if you put a hand on her, I'll end you."

I hear him knock on a door and say, "Hey are you almost done? Link really wants to speak to you. It seems urgent."

I'm not gonna create any drama by threatening the guy. If he's letting me talk to her, that's obviously a good sign. I'm always too overprotective, so I'll just shut up before he decides to hang up on me.

I can't hear what Zelda is saying from the other side of the door but I can hear very clearly how he says, "Okay babe."

I stay quiet. All of this sounds so off.

Kiroh speaks to the phone again. "Hey, still there? She's done now, I'll hand her the phone."

There's some rustling coming from the mic and then I hear Impa's voice on the other end. "Hey Link," she says calmly.

"Impa?" Even though it's not the voice I was hoping to hear, I'm relieved I don't have to deal with Kiroh anymore.

"What's so urgent?" She asks. "I was in the middle of taking a shower when Kiroh told me that you–"

"I was looking for Zelda," I get straight to the point.

"Oh."

"Is she with you?" I'm nervous. If there's a Boar with them, I need to make sure she's safe. "Can I please talk to Zelda?" I've waited long enough! This is her phone after all!

"Um, she's not here, sorry," Impa tells me and I don't know if that should relieve or worry me to know that she's not there with them. "I accidentally took her phone home with me."

"She's not with you?" Shit...

"Wait, this is Zelda's phone?" I hear Kiroh ask Impa. "That makes so much more sense now!" His voice gets closer to the mic. "Hey, Link?" He says but I stay quiet. I need a second to calm my nerves. "I thought this was Impa's phone. I thought you were asking to speak to her! Total misunderstanding, man!"

I take a deep breath and fall back into the sheets. Zelda didn't go home with a Boar, and she did not take a shower at his place. But Zelda is also out at night without her phone, which definitely isn't much of a comfort.

"Sorry if we confused you," Impa says to me.

"I wasn't confused at all," I snap. "That dude made it sound like he's with Zelda! Like he took her home with him..."

"It's not his fault," she defends him. "He didn't know that this was her phone. He only heard it ringing and told me "Wild" is calling. Neither of us knew it was you calling for Zelda, so I told him he could answer it. He feels really bad now."