Meeting the Man

All day I've listened to my dad talk about this man named Josh. I wasn't thrilled about meeting him since I'm not in love with him nor have I ever met the man in my entire life. Everyone tells me he treats women very nicely but that's just words, more so something I have to witness myself or I'll never believe it. I figured they would have learned that by now, not everyone listens.

Dad:"Riley!"
Me:"Huh?"
Dad:"Are you seriously not listening to me? I told you to listen and what do you do? You don't listen!"

I sighed and rolled my eyes,

Me:"I heard every word you said. Be nice to the guy, do whatever he says no matter how small the task is. Believe me you just keep repeating yourself several times over but in different ways. Are you done?"
Dad:"Do not do this Riley. Yes I am done but if you screw this up, I will never forgive you."
Me:"Said that before. Besides how hard can it be to do what is asked from a man I've never met nor even love? Sound familiar, please stop me if I'm wrong."
Dad:"That's enough Riley! Not another word about that!"
Me:"Sure dad. Can we just go already so the kid you never want anything to do with since that dreadful day can be out of your life?"

The silence from him was enough to let me know I had crossed the line. It's not my fault my mother died when I was born but yet deep down inside he blames every part of me for it. Hell, how can I be mad at him for feeling that way, I am the reason why he lost his wife. Maybe things would have been different if I was never even conceived.

Dad:"Grab your bags."

I nodded as a response then made my way to my bedroom, well once was my bedroom, picking up the few bags I had packed I then made my way back to the living room to find dad already waiting by the front door. I tossed my bags into the van he had borrowed from the clubhouse then got in. During the drive neither of us said a word, staring down towards the floorboard dad spoke up.

Dad:"Things haven't been easy between you and I but Riley I need you to be nice to Josh."
Me:"Yea sure."
Dad:"That's it?"
Me:"What do you want me to say? There's nothing else to even say to one another and you know it."
Dad:"Sure."

The clubhouse came into view, the only thing about this is, I'm happy to see the guys. Chibs and Bobby are the only ones to understand me and actually listen to what I have to say, those two I will miss the most.. dad stopped the van so I climbed out of the back to pull out my bags then drop them onto the ground beside the van before sitting down on one of them. Of course Gemma strutted herself along the lot of the clubhouse, I rolled my eyes before seeing Bobby sitting with Chibs at the picnic table near the clubhouse door. The two waved at me so I stood up to make my way over towards them then sat beside Bobby.

Bobby:"How are you doing today?"
Me:"Don't even ask."
Chibs:"I know this isn't something your wanting to do but the deal was made before you were even born kid."
Me:"To be honest? They never should have had me. Things would have been better that way."
Bobby:"Riley! Don't say things like that, I know things have been hard between you and your father but here's a little secret. The second you were born it made your fathers day."
Me:"Yea for like what? A second? Then mom, yea he's not happy to have me around so maybe me leaving will be best for everyone."
Chibs:"Not for Elvis and I. Our favorite person is leaving us."

I lowly chuckled then shook my head,

Me:"You and fat Elvis will do just fine without me."
Bobby:"Hey!"
Chibs:"Let her be, she gets enough shit already."
Bobby:"I know. You will remain in touch with us right?"
Me:"You two? Of course."

The clubhouse door opened and out walked Jax and Quinn.

Jax:"Hey doll."
Me:"Hey Jax."
Jax:"Can I borrow you for a minute?"
Me:"Yea sure."