Part II: Chapter Seventeen

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Tengo esto." I say to myself in Spanish as I comb every strand of my hair.

And I keep myself busy with the combing. And I remind myself again.

"Ho capito." I say in Italian, still repeating it to myself.

And I look at my reflection and I see the girl who is damaged. And I saw how damaged I was for sure until now.

"Ich schaff das." I say to myself again.

   My roommate Doris looks over at me, putting on her socks and she stares directly over at me. And I looked at her to see how confused the brunette haired girl with braids as she was highly confused.

   "How do you know so many languages?" Doris had asked me, her pale complexion was too recognizable.

  "Well my mom's first language is French since her parents were from France. So growing up she spoke it. And she's a French teacher. And I learned it growing up. But I'm just fluent. But the other languages I took up in school." I explained to her, as I took a quick glimpse at myself in the mirror.

  Doris got up right on her feet.

  "Well, I hope it's pancakes today." She had gotten up, and walked right out of the room.

    I was by myself as soon as she left. And I sighed to myself and I told myself in English now.

  "I got this." I smiled, trying to fake a smile that I'm sure everyone will notice how fake it is.

   I had put my hair into a ponytail and I had left out of my room, closing the door behind me. I made my way past the nurses station and to the Day Room. The tv was on, and I saw us having breakfast being given. I actually wasn't even hungry. My plate was pancakes and bacon and a coffee. And I didn't feel hungry at all. I felt tired, lonely and depressed. I'm sure I've been used to it by now. I have felt like grabbing a bunch of things and stacking my lap with magazines and books.

I had barely touched my food, so instead I gave it to a patient who actually wanted it. And then of course, I had gone to the medicine door to take my medication. One was for depression and anxiety and another was for my health issues. And of course, I would usually see Doctor Edmunds in the morning. But today she was running late. I was staying in the Day Room. And I started to read an old magazine until it was enough and then I had started writing in my journal of mine.

Sitting next to me was Sally. Doris was across from us on the other sofa. And Sally was a redhead. And Sally had this rude behavior. And instantly, I just look at Sally who actually wishes to bother me.

"So, it's funny how your patient for what... suicidal?" Sally turned, looking at me, and I had felt judged.

"I'm not suicidal." I shook my head, denying.

"Oh really?" She raised a brow.

Sally grabbed my arm that showed my cut on my wrist, and she threw my sleeve up and the evidence of what I did was right there. I yelped, and she looked at my scar, laughing at me.

"Like I said, your suicidal!" Sally yelled, demanding at me. "And oddly enough, you look like a loner anyways."

I had closed my journal and I started to get up and walk away. But instead, Sally had grabbed me by the ponytail and she looked right at me like she had something else to say at me. Sally started to chew her bubblegum and she smacked it loudly and I saw her blow a big bubble out of her mouth and then smacking it into her mouth, chewing.

"So princess," Sally began to say. "You said in group sessions that your dad was what again? He did breast implants, right?"

Oh now I know where she's being this.