✧・゚:*𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 *:・゚✧

VANYA HAD JUST LEFT, YOU sat on the kitchen counter, your arms under the sink with cold water. klaus sat with guitar in his lap, five looked through the shelves as allison entered. 

" wheres vanya? " she asked. 

" oh, she left. " you said, your voice shaky. 

" well, that's unfortunate. " he walked up to the table. " an entire square block. forty two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee. " you sighed, pulling your arms out from the sink, pulling your sleeves down. 

" it's fucking stupid. " 

" dad hated caffeine. " 

" well, he fucking hated children but here we are. " you said sarcastically. " damn it five, now i want coffee. " you sighed, running a hand through your hair. 

" i'm taking the car. " five grabbed your hand.  

" wait, you can drive-" 

" where are you going? " klaus sat straight, looking at us. " going to make o-" 

" to get a decent cup of coffee. " five said, glaring at klaus, as if telling him to shut up, klaus smiled. 

" aww, they're going on a coffee date! " he teased. you flipped him off. 

" at least let clem drive, she has a drivers license. " allison said. 

" i don't fucking care. " five snapped, you felt uneasy and nausea's as i now sat in the car. 

" what the-" five turned on the car and started to drive. you stayed silent. you sat in the passengers seat, you furrowed your brows, you turned to the backseat, and low an behold. there sat your sword. you smiled, reaching back and grabbing it. you brought it on your lap, you forgot you left this thing in here. 

YOU JERKED FORWARD AS FIVE braked. you looked up and saw the rust GRIDDY'S DOUGHNUTS sign. you sighed, and opened the car door, climbing out, forgetting about to sword in my hand. five marched to the door, you jogging to catch up. a man that was exiting held the door open for  five, he stormed in without another word. you walked in, you thanked the man. 

" sorry for my brother, " you smiled as he left. you walked back with five. he sat at the counter. you sat on the seat next to him, setting your sword down. five impatiently ringed the bell as a man entered. five sighed, watching from the corner of his eye as the man sat down a few seats away from five. he takes his hat off and sighs. an old woman comes around in her bright pink uniform. 

" sorry, sink was clogged. " she smiled, she took out her note pad. " so what will it be? " 

" uh, give me a chocolate éclair. " your eye twitched as you tried to hold back from correcting him. god, you hated when people mispronounced it. did people have any respect for saying the french word for the french food correctly?

" mm-hm, sure. " she smiles, scribbling it down. " can i get the kid and his... girlfriend... a glass of milk or something? " you raised a brow. 

" um, sor-"

" the kids want coffee. black. " you nudged fives shoulder. 

" sorry about him, hes having a bad day, please can we have a black coffee and a coffee with three creamers? " you smiled. 

" cute kids. " she shrugs. " very good manners young lady. " she smiled. she looked from the man to you and five, you smiled. you looked at five and nudged him in the ribs. he groans and smiles too. five sighed, glaring at you. he then looked to the man. you started to tie your hair, you hated when it was up, you hated the feeling of hair on your neck. 

" don't remember this place being such a shithole. " he said, you looked at him with a raised brow.  

" yeah, it was nicer when we came here as kids, and we'd sneak out with our siblings and eat all the doughnuts till we puked. " you smiled. 

" simpler times, huh? " the man had his brows furrowed. 

" eh. " he hesitated. " i suppose. " 

" here. " you looked up, the woman handed the man his éclair and our coffees, three small creamer packages on the little napkin she handed you. 

" i got theirs. " he said, handing the waitress a twenty. you saw five give to man a suspicious stare. 

" thanks. " he said softly. you smiled. 

" see, there you go. " you giggled. you opened the first creamer packet and dumped it in, 

" must know your way around the city. " five said to the man. 

" i hope so, i've been driving it for 20 years. " he said. 

" good. i need an address. " you elbowed five, he glared at you, his hand on your arm. " do that one more time and i swear to god i will break your arm. " he snapped, he looked back at the man. 

FIVE FOLDED UP THE NAPKIN with the address, stuffing it in his pocket. you heard the door open, twisting your head to a group of men heavily armed. you gasped, grabbing your sword, five grabbed your wrist, throwing a glance at you. your hand is still on your sword as he lets go. 

" hmm. that was fast. " he said. you watched as a gun was pointed at him. you felt the cold barrell on the back of your head. " i thought i'd have more time before they found me. " 

" five what do yo-" 

" okay, so let's be professional about this, yeah? " the man said. "we only need you, on your feet and come with us. they want to talk. " he looked at you. " but then again, we might need your little girlfriend. " 

" well, i've got nothing to say, and she knows nothing. " he said. 

" it doesn't have to go this way. " he spoke. " you think i'd want to shoot a pair of teenage kids? and go home with that in my conscience? " 

" we're not kids, you fucking idiot. " you felt the barrel press further into your head. 

" well, i wouldn't worry about that. " five said casually, like there wasn't a gun pointed at his head. " you won't be going home. "

1118 words.