Chapter 28- In his house

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," he whispered and brushed her hair, his nose nuzzling her cheeks.
How he got that tangled with his secretary he didn't know.
The reason he could say and do anything for her he didn't know. He gave up his morals for her.

He sighed. Will it last?
There was an engagement ahead of him that he had to go through. He knew what Sophia was capable of.
It was a danger to her.

But he assumed he had to let things unfold themselves.

Rosalie dwelled in his arms, loving his solace. She grasped his shirt tighter and inhaled his strong cologne.

She liked his presence so much. It was addicting to her.
At that instant, she forgot all about everything that happened.

"Rosie," Alexander held her face to stare at her. "There's a pack of work I have to attend to," he muttered and Rosalie pulled out of the hug at once.

How could she hold him down?

Alexander scoffed and tugged her to him. He never said she could disengage. "But I need your presence," he continued, "Will you go with me to my apartment?"

What? Rosalie's jaw dropped and her brows shot up in surprise. She pulled out of the hug. He was inviting her to his house?

"Why?" She whispered and Alexander wasted no time in fastening his grip around her waist.

"You know why Rosalie," he breathed on her face and she shivered into his touch.

"Tell me," Rosalie tilted her head and grabbed his face. She took her lips to his trimmed beard and placed a kiss on it. "Why, sir?"

"Because I want you around me," Alexander chortled and stood. "What do you say, Miss Jones?"

Rosalie rolled her eyes and sat up. "Okay, Mr Macaulay," she smiled and reached out for him. "I will," Her eyes lowered to the floor as she was suddenly shy of her answer.

She sucked in her cheeks to prevent the heat that scoured through her and it only drove Alexander crazy.

He carefully grabbed her bruised arm with a smile at the edge of his lips, " alright, Rosie."

————

The drive to Alexander's mansion was slow as Rosalie did a good job at distracting him. They finally reached the automatic electric gate and it opened.

A gasp escaped Rosalie's lips as she stared from the car. "Get down," Alexander ordered when he got to the door. She opened the door and let her eyes feed on the surroundings.

A smile curled on her face at the potter plants and garden sculptures that were in between the landscaping plants. When she looked ahead, she marvelled at the giant steel door of the house.

The silvery colour of the door matched the surroundings giving it a sparkling and opulent look.

"Common," Alexander grabbed her hand, satisfied with the look on her face. He led the way while Rosalie followed stunned by the surroundings.

A pergola was in front of the mansion with string lights that added to its glow and she could see different studio couches under it.

"You like it, here?" Alexander snaked his arms around her and she stiffened. She whipped her head to him but looked away when they locked eyes.

Rosalie hummed and held her attire tighter. She couldn't believe she was in her boss's house. When did they even grow that close?

Was it right to be that close to him? She sucked in her cheeks and allowed him to open the door.