Chapter 26- Saved her

Rosalie gasped. With all the energy in her, she struggled to move out of William's hold but he held her firmly. His tongue dived further into her mouth and he forced her to kiss him.

"Stop…" she whimpered and pushed him off her. Her vision was blur but she took quick steps away from him. "Don't…" Rosalie blinked rapidly as she tried to get a grip on her consciousness.

"Stop pushing me away, Fionna. Don't do that," Williams cried out and before Rosalie could utter a word, he grabbed her arm and pushed her against the wall.

Tears stung Rosalie's eyes and her legs felt weaker as time went by. His hands roamed roughly on her body as he pinned her down with his body.

"Let go…" Rosalie whimpered and struggled to break the kiss. She pushed him off her and staggered, stumbling over the candles in the office.

"Stop it," her tears ran down when Williams wiped his lips.

"Stop pushing me away Fionna," Williams walked to her and grabbed her arm. Her eyes widened and a gasp escaped her lips when he lifted her off the floor like she weighed nothing.

Her butt met with the cold wooden table and she gasped when he gave wild bites on her neck. "Stop it…" Rosalie cried as she struggled to nibble out of his grip to no avail.

He grabbed her both arms over her head, his lips forcefully nibbling on her body.

At that moment, she could barely feel. Whimpers and sobs escaped her lips as her body went pale. Energy left her as her vision was beginning to get blurry.

She began to see in doubles.

"Let go," she cried and whipped her head around for anything to push him off her when her eyes met it.

The smoke that erupted from the curtains! The curtains had cut fire!

Her eyes widened when smoke began to fill the room. "Smoke…fire" she whimpered, her tears rolling down.

At that, the drunk Williams paused. The strong smoke filled his nostrils and he released a cough. At once, he got off Rosalie.

It was a sudden action.

When he got off her, whimpers escaped Rosalie's lips when her body collided with the cold tiled floor. A gasp escaped her lips and tons of pain shot through her body systems.

The fire had begun to spread like wildfire and the smell of the smoke filled the office. "No, help," she tried to scream but her voice was whimpering.

She sniffed as she crawled on the floor. "Help, stop" she cried seeing the files in the office had caught fire. The door slammed close and she whipped her head to the door to see Williams had gotten out.

"Help!" She screamed with a barely audible voice as she grabbed the table to stand up. Her knees felt weak and the random voices in her head screamed like never before.

Her paranoia and psychosis took over her leaving her in a state of paralysis.
She blinked and glanced around as the fire surrounded her.

Was her life going to end that way?
She shook her head at the thought. She had to get out at all costs. Her hands and body shook, and she gripped the table and stood to her feet.

She took a step, her hands screeched out for protection when her legs stumbled on the potter plant that had fallen off.

She staggered and at once fell to the floor, the pain rendering her unmoving. The heat of the fire burned her skin and her arm that was close to the fire but she could barely move.

Perhaps it was her fate. Her lids hugged themselves as the fire got nearer and burned her skin as time went by.

—————

Alexander gripped the next file and flew it around the office. Anger and jealousy coursed through his veins and he bashed the table.

Even after she was out of his sight, she still haunted him. He cussed and scoffed when his mind wondered what they could be doing.

Were they kissing? Was Williams making advances towards her? Would she soften into his touch as she did that day?

Would they be talking about him?

He gripped his hair and cussed. He hated that she affected him. He hated that she made him jealous.

But his heart yearned for her.

He scoffed and stood to his feet.

He was going to get her and warn Williams off right in her presence.

The drive to the Red's company was a fast one as Alexander drove himself. In the car, he kept cussing and gritting his teeth.

All because of her, he ended things with Sophia.
How could he have sent her to Williams? It was an impulsive and blithe decision.

He got to the company and his brows crumpled seeing the fire tanker. People ran helter-skelter and he wondered why.

"Fire, the fire is spreading," someone ran past him and his puzzle heightened.

"What's wrong?" He asked the human that passed by and the person pointed ahead.

His heart stopped. His jaw dropped open seeing an office had caught fire.

"Goodness, tell the fire extinguishers to hasten —" he stopped when he raised his head to the familiar office again. It was Williams' office.

His eyes widened and immediately, he picked to his feet taking the elevator. Rosalie was there.
He sent her to Williams.

Guilt overwhelmed him as he stood impatient in the elevator. The elevator stopped and his heart jumped into his mouth at the fire that burned ahead.

"Rosalie," he ran to the office, his heart palpitating and fearing the worst as time went by.

What happened? Why did the office catch fire?

His heart threatened to stop as the fire fighters struggled to open the door with the pry bar.

"Rosalie!" He called and took a peek into the office. The fire hearts him in a big to warn him to stay off.

It roared like a jet was about to throttle up and the smoke headed to the direction the air sent it to.

"Don't go in. Don't go in. We will do our jobs. Kindly step back, sir," one of the firemen said when Alexander took a peep in.

His jaw dropped and he stood impossibly still seeing Rosalie on the floor.

Her arm that was in the direction of the fire had little burns on them.
Sweat evolved from her body and her lids were shut.

"Rosalie!" He coughed as he glanced around. "Someone is in. She's in," he yelled at the men and rushed to them.

"They're bringing help, we'll try to put off the fire."

"Goddamn it!" Alexander glanced around, his guilt eating him up. If something happened to her, it was his fault.

First, he took her to Italy and she was battling with psychosis. And now? He was going to watch her burn?

No, he couldn't take it. His chest heaved with guilt as he glanced around. If anything happened to her, he would be blamed.

He had to do something.

His eyes met with one of the blankets in the firemen's hard as they put out the fire and he rushed to the man. He grabbed the blanket and the man's eyes widened.

"You can't go in," the fire combatant tried to oppose but it was on deaf ears as Alexander wrapped the blanket around him and sprinted into the office.

"Rosalie —" he hurried to her, forgetting all about the heat that scoured through him. He coughed as he tapped her. They had to leave the office.

"Rosie—" when she didn't give a reply, he took the second blanket and wrapped it around her before he scooped her in his arms.

"I'm sorry," he whispered and a tear fell off his lid seeing her state.