Chapter 8- Haunted memory

The thoughts clung tightly to her insides as she worked. Her trembling hands didn't get a grip of the pen. She ran her hands through her hair and took a deep breath.

30,000.

Where was she going to get it?

Rosalie let out a frustrated sigh at the thoughts. The last time her mum took out a loan and couldn't pay, she suffered the consequences. She remembered her fear that night.

It was a miracle she was rescued, else she didn't know what could have happened.

But now, there was no hope.

Despite how hard she tried, she could see the situation repeating itself. No, she couldn't afford to go through that again.

No human deserved to. She tugged on her hair as she thought of a solution but her foggy mind didn't let her.

Her insides were clouded with the cold demeanor of Alexander and the thugs issue. She knew her boss was still mad at her and hadn't let go of that day's clumsiness.

Despite her trying to reassure herself, the dreaded thoughts hunted her. She could see herself getting fired.

She knew she couldn't afford to lose her job; not with the situation they were in.

The ringing of the office phone jolted her out of her thoughts. With a gasp, she reached for it and Alexander's voice boomed immediately.

"We need to visit L&D's now."

Hurriedly, she grabbed the documents that were needed and dashed to his office. When her orbs rested on his impassive face, knots constricted in her insides.

She swallowed thickly as he bore holes into her skin. "Here…everything is ready" she stuttered and tore her eyes away from his penetrating gaze.

Alexander let out a scoff. He ruffled his hair as he stared at his timid secretary. Every action of hers annoyed him. She was clumsy, she was shy; those were not the qualities needed for his secretary.

He exhaled and sighed. She had two more chances and after that, she would be fired.

"Let's go" Alexander spoke up and Rosalie turned to him. She nodded and plodded after him.

As they headed to the elevator, the strong smell of Alexander's cologne hit Rosalie's nose and she couldn't stop the blooming feeling in her chest.

They entered the elevator with her giving an appropriate distance between them. She veered at him through her lashes and his gaze was fixated ahead.

She wondered how easy it was for him to act naturally. When he scoffed, a surge of heat rose to her cheek and she tore her eyes away immediately.

She shook her head at her insanity. She was blushing while staring at her boss who was probably thinking of firing her.

They got out of the elevator and as they headed to the car, Rosalie couldn't stop her throbbing pulse. The thoughts of the thugs were out of her mind as she stared at the back figure of her boss.

He had a sturdy structure and she knew masculine muscles were under that shirt. A smile broke on her lips and she cussed herself at her thoughts.

She was going extreme.

"Miss Jones!" She jolted out of her thoughts with widened eyes. "Sir" she gasped and blinked rapidly. They reached the parking lot and she didn't know.

She trotted to him with tightened insides. Hope she didn't make him angry. "Sir…" she bit on her lips and Alexander scowled.