Chapter 4- Sophia's threat

Rosalie's heart thumped frantically when her eyes took in Sophia's glare. She moved a step backwards and swallowed nothing. First, she walked in on them in the morning.

And now, she was in his arms and Sophia saw them together. She bit hard on her lower lip before she whipped her head to Alexander who had a plain look on.

"You're here Sophia, you took longer than expected to get here" Alexander maintained a gaze with Sophia. "Let's get things done."

Get things done? Rosalie's insides twitched at that? What do they have together? Wait—she saw them in an intimate position in the morning.

Of course, they were probably dating. Her heart sank at the thought but it was jolted back to life by the high pitched hiss.

"Let's get things done?" Sophia scoffed and took a step towards Alexander. "You were supposed to come pick me up but you declined and I met you here, with her in your arms. Her—" she took a pause and pointed at Rosalie.

She couldn't believe it. If she hadn't tracked his spot, she wouldn't have seen him .

She scoffed and continued, "And you think I don't deserve an explanation?" Her voice was fury filled and her fist bunched into a ball while her jaw tensed but Alexander only sighed.

"Explanation? Goodness Sophia, don't make a fool of yourself" he scoffed and frowned. "Stop embarrassing me" he glanced around as if people were watching them.

"Embarrassing you?" Sophia's eyes widened as she took another step toward Alexander while Rosalie gasped. "I am embarrassing you Alex? So you holding her, your secretary isn't embarrassing?"

"Sophia!" Alexander called as his face turned impassive. He was trying. He was trying to cope with her attitude; to cope with her countless demands. They weren't even dating and she feels so entitled.

"Who I hold is clearly not your business," he took a step towards her and locked eyes with Sophia so she could hear him clearly. "She was about to fall and I had to grab her" . With that, he took a step backwards.

He pocketed his right hand and turned around.
"Alex!" Sophia called after him but he didn't bother to turn back. "Alex!" She barked again but her calls faded into the people's chatter.

Sophia's jaw tightened. Veins popped up in her neck as she watched the retreating figure of Alex. She tried so hard to get him to come here and he left. She didn't even get to spend time with him.

And it's all because of her; his secretary.

Sophia turned around and Rosalie sniffed. "I'm so—" Rosalie was cut short when Sophia grabbed her wrist.

"What's your deal?" Sophia asked through gritted teeth. Her jaw was tense and Rosalie's heart raced when Sophia narrowed her eyes, the contempt and loathing flaming in them.

"It's, I wanted to… he saved me from falling" Rosalie stuttered as she tried hard not to whimper. Her grip was way too tight.

The grip coupled with Sophia's abhorrent glare was making her weak.

"Stay away from Alex!" Sophia gritted and Rosalie raised her head to her.

"The next time I see you very close to him," Sophia closed up the distance between them and locked eyes with Rosalie which caused Rosalie to gulp down in fear.

"I will make you lose your job." The threat sank deep into Rosalie's mind. Knots tightened in her insides as Sophia released her. She read the seriousness.

Sophia was serious. She could make her lose her job. But, she took things too far. He only… saved her from falling.

"Till we meet again secretary" Sophia turned around and walked away, fading as people made way for her.