36.Kufr

No proof reading..Ignore typos and mistakes!

"Ban gayi tum upbhog ki vastu...nahi...kyon!?...kaha tha na...tum jaisi ko sirf ghar me show piece ki tarah saza kar rakh sakte hai...wo bhi kone me...medal ki tarah gale me latka kar nahi ghoom sakte..par paise ki chamak najar aa rahi hai tumhare mooh par..Bala ki khoobsurat lag rahi hai..aascharya ki baat hai kaise...?.".She heard him as he applied color on her one side of cheek...His eyes which were never like this on her ever..all these years...

But why what happened then..what changed!...it that look it scared her for her future!

She closed her eyes as tears flowed like river from her eyes..she wiped her cheeks again and again....harshly ..washing them properly remembering his touch on her cheeks

Shehnaaz had forgot her entire life in  last 2  -3 hours...but the night felt so long and the worst part was it has just started and whole midnight was left...and may be beyond that...the dark black night which she used to fear earlier many years ago..which did not affected her in past few years later, affected her today again so much and she was afraid she will start hating it now.

The night which has to be a best memory...which every married girl waits for...every girl wants to remember it so fondly in course of becoming a women from a girl...being loved by her man physically if not in 'love' literal and emotional meaning or what so over...the night which should be cherished forever and proudly consummated by a couple..when a man makes love to his women like his man has made tonight to her...love..sex...intercourse..consummation of marriage ,coitus,fornication,copulation,giving/gifting precious virginity,breaking the seal,intimacy and sleeping over with your husband/partner/spouse whatever you want to term it as per societal and personal norms...you can...but these moments she has wasted on those useless past years of her!...simply wasted !

Reason was only her!

At that moment she remembered few lines of the great Amrita Pritam from a poem called Kufr,an Urdu word with meant thankless/ingratitude/unbelief or to be faithless...she knew she was exactly same..'Kufra'...thankless and in non belief of what she had....also covering or concealing what one have ,she knew it very  but what to do.. she had to hide it and belief that she was in a non belief!

कुफ़्र

आज हमने एक दुनिया बेची
और एक दीन ख़रीद लिया
हमने कुफ़्र की बात की

सपनों का एक थान बुना था
एक गज़ कपड़ा फाड़ लिया
और उम्र की चोली सी ली

आज हमने आसमान के घड़े से
बादल का एक ढकना उतारा
और एक घूँट चाँदनी पी ली

यह जो एक घड़ी हमने
मौत से उधार ली है
गीतों से इसका दाम चुका देंगे

- अमृता प्रीतम 

With this She also remembered and missed Shagun...her only source of wisdom in any crisis...