🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 38

Mulai dari awal

The doctor informed the group that Noémie's condition was not life-threatening and that she would be transferred to a regular ward.

Ms. Jung looked at her distraught friend and said, "Let's go and sort out her room."She nodded as she and Hoseok's parents went to the administration to settle the hospital fees and Noémie's stay. Noémie's mother will reserve a special VIP suite for her daughter as well. Hoseoks' parents were keen about paying the entire bill as a gift for their lifelong friend.

When the elders had left, Ha-ni and Ana exchanged silent glances. The doctor glanced at her wristwatch as she was ready to bow in greeting to the remainder of the group who remained behind. Ha-Ni and Ana swiftly linked their arms with the young ER doctor, who looked at them with alarm as they steered her out from the men's range in an empty hallway.

Arthur grinned at Hoseok and patted his cousin on the shoulder. "Frenchie will be OK. You can finally calm down Boss!" he looked also just as relieved. He knows how much his cousin boss liked this girl.

Gervais smiled, his emerald green eyes twinkling. "I told you my girl is a survivor," he stated as he shook his golden curls out of his face.

Hoseok smirked, his face filled with relief, as he combed his hair backward with his fingers. "Gosh, she scared me tremendously." He smiled widely. He can finally breathe now.

Gervais laughed. " That girl can do anything. She is a fighter. Arthur and I are on our way to inform the Bangtan group of Noémie's condition. I'm curious how Taehyung is doing so far. Both accident victims made it through the night. Their guardian angels did an excellent job."

Arthur wore a sad expression. " Yes, I'd like to know what happened tonight. How was this attack planned? All right, let's go."

They proceeded slowly toward the general waiting area, and while Hoseok followed behind his gaze, he noted the two girls' urgency in speaking with the ER doctor from his peripheral vision. He instantly urges the two men to proceed because he wants to see the girls.

Hoseok instantly moved to an enclosed wall and stood there in earshot, willing to wait for the females until he only lightly heard Noémie's name and the phrase "baby" in the same sentence. It made his blood run cold and sent shockwaves through his body.

"Doctor, how is the baby? Will she be able to keep it?" Ha-Ni's urgent whisper caught his attention.

The doctor nodded, but her face was concerned: "I'm not in a position to make any diagnoses. We contacted her doctor. We'll perform some tests tomorrow if we obtain permission from her private doctor, but things don't look promising."

Anais appeared distraught." Oh my gosh, my dear friend!"

The doctor gazed at the two devastated girls with regret nodding to them in a cordial greeting. The doctor glanced regrettably at the two heartbroken girls and nodded cordially to them. When an intercom sounded her name for the administration, she excused herself and briskly headed in the opposite direction.

Anais and Ha-ni exchanged fearful glances.

"Oh my gosh, the doctor is going to inform Noémie's mom---I find it difficult to lie." Ha-ni nervously bit her nails.

Ana gave a nod. "We have to ,we promised Noémie-I'll check on Noémie's mother. We need to go get her clothing for her hospital stay. Poor Noémie. She was scared of hospitals after that accident. I'll see you now."

Ha-ni nodded and waved her off until she watched a towering figure emerge from nowhere and stroll over to her and Anais with narrowed eyes and determined looks in his dark, intense eyes.

When he stepped into her personal space, he pulled her arm towards him and brought her to an isolated spot out of earshot. Allowing her to release herself from his hold. Ha-ni appeared to be about to pass out. She cannot stand in the presence of intimidation. It scares the living daylights out of her.