The Attic Pt.II

"S-stop following me.", She ordered, trying to run away from me. She grabbed me, and moved me a bit further away, before walking back towards the staircase. Unfortunately for her, I was going to be hot on her tail no matter what. I was crawling at the speed of light back to her.

"Tch. Whatever.", When she noticed me, she clicked her tongue and gave up on making me not follow her. "It's not like you can climb the stairs fast enough anyway."

Saying that, she quickly ran up the staircase and I had to hand it to her, she was right. Traversing the staircase took a lot of energy and time. I wanted to call mother to come stop this girl, but seeing as she was busy skinning the stag Roland brought home, I had to take care of this myself.

Considering Roland was also upstairs, I didn't know how he would react to seeing Rosine.

When I got to the top of the staircase, I saw Rosine frozen in front of a room. I walked a bit further to get a better view and was met with a disturbing scene. Roland was undressing himself and it would seem Rosine was caught peeping at him. Or rather, the shock of seeing the naked body of a fully grown man must have shut off her brain.

How unfortunate, Rosine. You got exposed to the secrets of adulthood far too early.

Roland walked out to see Rosine, and I suddenly realised I'd made a mistake in my earlier assessment. She wasn't staring at Roland because he was naked. She was staring because of his body. It was littered with wounds and scars in all manners of places that felt a bit much. Particularly, his right thigh had a scar about the size of my head.

Roland crouched, patting her on the head.

"You kinda look like that crazy giant. You his kid?", He asked, not caring to mention the man's name. "Is your mother around then?"

Rosine timidly shook her head, for some reason she was beyond terrified.

"That so? When you see her, tell her I'll need some more medicine, ok?", Requesting this of her, he pushed her gently, then slammed the door shut behind him.

Rosine, after a moment of still silence, shook her head, remembering that she had a mission here. She sped off, looking at the other rooms and my chase begun once more.

The attic door was open and the rattling sounds escaped the room. She'd reached the attic.

I hurriedly crawled into the room and saw her struggling to open one of the chests. It was the most prestigious looking out of the three chests. However, something else caught my eyes.

As she struggled with the chest, a purple aura started to envelope her body. The sound of bells chiming rang loudly, but in that moment, all I could think about was just how similar that was to Roland from before.

However, pulling me from the moment was the sound of the chest starting to creak. Somehow, she was actually forcing the chest open. I had to stop her.

"No! Stop that!", I roared from the door. Rosine turned her head to meet me, then her lips curved downwards. She let go of the chest then glared at me. Oddly, the purple aura faded into thin air, leaving plain old Rosine.

"You again? How'd you... gah! Leave me alone!", Saying this, she moved on to the next chest and this time, flung it open easily. "Yes!"

"Buhuh!?", Caught off-guard by that, I could only let out such a sound.

Grunting, she reached into the chest, in an attempt to retrieve one of its treasures, but her limbs were far too short to do so.

"Heh, stupid girl.", I smirked.