| Chapter 1 | Father

> Picture of Akahana Senton <

"Mommy, when is Dad coming home?" I ask looking up to my Mother's face being short due to being a 6 year old kid.

My mother is gorgeous, and I know for a fact as she has even a better body and looks of a model. Wavy fire-red hair flows down to her elbow matching her sea-blue eyes that always show kindness. Like every usual night, she is reading a picture book for me right before I go sleep. She smiles at me before kissing my forehead, one of my favorite gestures she does.

"He's at a date." She answers placing her book down.

I tilt my head in confusion, "What's a date?"

She smiles sadly and kisses my head again, "Just forget about it, Akahana. Don't worry about your father."

I blink a few times before I look up to my room's ceiling, putting my thoughts aside for my mother's sake.

// 8 years later //

"Mommy, when is Dad coming back?" I ask looking at her back while she's cleaning the dishes.

My hand is supporting my head as I watch my mother once again flinch like always, whenever I bring this topic up.

"He's not coming back." Her mother replies with a strain voice which she always hopes to keep hidden.

My hand slams down on the table in anger as I growl, "Why did he even leave?! Does he even care about us?! He never even comes visit us! He's always with someone else! Always on a stupid date! I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!"

"Akahana..." My mother sighs looking at me with sadness.

// 2 years later //

"Mom, I'm home!" I shout making sure she can hear me as I start taking off my shoes to enter the kitchen.

There, like usual, my mother is cooking our dinner with a smile on her face. 

Looking back at me her smile widens, "Welcome home, Akahana."

"Whatcha cooking?" I smile tilting my head in curiousity.

"A special dinner." She answers focusing back onto the cooking.

Trying to peek at what the 'special dinner' is, she blocks my view much to my displeasure.

"Nu-uh." She waves her finger in front of me getting me to give up in defeat not wanting my mother to get mad at me.

"Okay, fine. I'll find out at dinner. I have a project to finish up, so I'll be in my room!" I state start rushing upstairs to my room can't wait to finish my work.

Minutes pass by quickly as I stretch out in my desk chair feeling my body being stiff. It's been two hours since I came back home and I am starving as my stomach growls once again.

Getting off my chair as I have finished my project, I exit my room and start walking down the stairwell hoping to eat the 'special dinner'.

"Mo - "

Just when I am about to call my mother, I hear weeping getting me to freeze before moving again. Quietly, I take a peek into the kitchen to find my mother crying as she holds tightly to a photo. Without a second to pass, I know what the photo is, my father.

"Darling - sniff - its been sixteen years since we've got married - sniff sniff - our daughter - has grown up - " she tries to talk to the picture but only breaks into more tears.

My emotionless eyes look at her until peering away not wanting to interrupt or bother her, as I just turn away and start walking back upstairs. My hatred for my father grows every second passing as he makes her weep like that. It will always continue to grow until my life is ends.

Once again, minutes passed, with me in my room just staring at nothing. After my time of thinking about my thoughts, I guess my mother has stop crying after such a long time. Laying on my bed as I stare at the ceiling, I finally chose to see if she's okay. Rising up from my bed heading out of my room passing the door.

"Mom!" I shout as walking down the stairs but only to get no response.

Frowning, my eyebrows furrow as I shout for her again heading towards the kitchen, " Mo - "

Nothing can explain the feeling I have right now as I stare at the scene. You may think of every single word you believe I feel right now but, you won't get it correct.

The beating of my heart disappears as I hear it shatter like glass falling down on the ground.

Lifeless eyes wide open, lips slightly seperate, frozen like a statue, nothing was moving, and I mean nothing. Not even the limp body on the ground.

There, my mother lays on the floor as her sea blue eyes are no where in sigh. A knife sticks into her stomach as blood pours out of her matching her red hair.

Finally, a scream escapes my dead empty vessel.

~~~~~

Screams of me escape as I try to call my mother out of her slumber. But it never works as I keep crying and crying. Familiar arms wrap around me as I am getting dragged away from my only life force.

Is this what you call death? 

When your life has no meaning to do anything? 

Cause, I rather live in Hell than to experience this torture.

~~~~~

The doorbell rings through the house, it grabs my vessel's attention as it rises up from the bed like a zombie. Lifeless eyes turn to the doorway as the vessel pushes itself off the bed and steps out of the room. Walking down the stairs just like yesterday, I won't be in shock like that time though as my I get further into the darkness. Opening the door to let the head peek out, there a man with light blonde hair and blue eyes stood in front of the door nervous written all over his face. The unexpected happens again as this shock me greatly, like on that depressing day. My soul comes back into me just for this occurrence as my eyes widen in shock and anger. Instantly, I swing the door to close but a foot intercepts between it.

"What do you want!" I shout in anger as I can feel my rage growing by the second.

"Ju - Just wait, Akahana. I know - " the man starts with stutters.

"If you know then you shouldn't have come! This all happened just because of you! You shouldn't have married Mother! Now look at the state she is in!" I yell knowing none of those words are true.

Mother was always happy when she talks about Father, she only turns sad when her heart can't take the departure. She always told me what a great man he is and evey aspect he has that made her fall for him, and I believed her. Even though he left us, for some reason, an invisible force pulled me into having a small part of my love for him. 

But does that still exist? 

After all that's happened? 

Who knows.

Instead replying back to me, I crumple down to the ground as my eyes turn lifeless staring at the ground just from thinking of my mother again. My limp legs lay beside me as my arms become weak since both of head and heart can't take it.

"It's all your fault!" I blame hating how I am spitting out lies.

I can feel his stare as the door is wide open now, I continue to stay in my depressed state feeling nothing but pain. A warm embrace surrounds me getting my eyes to widen slightly in surprise from his protecting arms. His hands are quite big as he pats my back soothingly. My face unconsciously nuzzles into his shoulder as I tightly grip onto his suit for support.

"It's all your fault." I lie as the tears pour out for the hundredth time.

Yes, I still have those feelings for him.