Epilogue

Sorry, this is a day late. I fell behind last week, and catching up has taken me a while. From here on out, I should be on time with new chapters. (Don't quote me on that. I am still human).

Anyway, please enjoy the final chapter.

"Wave bye, bye," Shinso said while bouncing Harumi on his hip. She raised her little hand and waved to Sora and Kieran as they got on the bus for their first day of kindergarten.

Midoriya held Akira to his chest, sobbing as he and his husband cried over the fact that their daughter was starting school. Yaoyorozu and Iida both spent an hour crying when they dropped her off last night. They wanted to be here for her first day, but Yaoyorozu had an appointment a few hours away, and they couldn't make it to both.

"Laugh all you want, Kami, but give it three more years, and you two will also be crying like this." Kirishima told his best friend before wrapping his arm around his husband's waist.

"Oh, I bet we will." Kaminari reached for Harumi, taking her from Shinso's arms. "Now that the kids are gone," he turned to Sero, "how did it go?"

Sero pulled his pant leg up, showing the monitor on his ankle. "I'm not on house arrest, but I'm being monitored until my surrender date next Monday." After a heavy debate with Kirishima, Sero decided to turn himself in. He had an arrest warrant issued when Monoma got caught and ratted him out. A year ago, he turned himself in and had been out on bail until his court date yesterday afternoon.

"What's a surrender date?" Shinso asked.

"It's the date I have to turn myself in again to go to jail," Sero sighed. He really thought he was going to make a clean getaway from the drug world. But with a warrant out for his arrest, his life was too restricted. He had to turn himself in. "Since I have a family now, passed a drug test, and other things that help, I have to serve thirty days. Starting Monday."

Midoriya wrapped his arms around his best friend. "At least it's only thirty days." His lawyer told him to prepare for thirty days to a year. He wasn't expecting it to be on the low end. "I'm glad you're officially putting everything behind you."

"Me too," Sero said. "Just promise you guys will check in on Eijiro every few days."

"I've got him," Bakugo said immediately. The group had been through a lot in recent years, but their friendships never changed. Kirishima was still Bakugo's best friend and he would always be here for him.

"And on that note, we have to get going soon." Kaminari kissed Harumi on the cheek before passing her to Shinso to say goodbye.

"Good luck with your interview," Midoriya said to the blond. "I know you've got this."

"Thank you." He was nervous as hell about his interview working with a major gaming company, but he was prepared. He'd been prepping for the interview for three weeks, and he was as ready as he was ever going to be. "I'll swing by and pick Harumi up as soon as I'm done."

"Take your time," Midoriya replied. "We'll just give her as much sugar as physically possible."

"Please don't." Kaminari winced. "She has half of my genes. She probably has ADHD and doesn't need to be hyper like that."

Everyone in the room laughed. "I have to get to work." Shinso frowned before handing his daughter to Midoriya. "Thank you for watching her."

"Really, it's no problem," he replied. "Have a good day at work, and good luck with your interview, Kami. I can't wait to hear how it goes."

The two said goodbye to everyone and gave Sero an extra long hug before they made their way to the car. "When Harumi starts school, I bet you'll be crying harder than Midoriya did," Kaminari said as he slid into the passenger seat.

"Probably. She's had me wrapped around her fingers since the day she was born," Shinso said as he slid into the passenger seat. "Now, let's get me to work so you can make it to your interview."

"Sounds like a plan." Kaminari quickly slid into the driver's seat and headed across town.

———————————

"Now that Harumi's in bed," Shinso pulled Kaminari toward him, forcing him to fall in his lip, "I got good news while I was at work today."

"What's that?" Kaminari asked. He turned around and wrapped his legs around Shinso's waist.

"We found a surrogate." Kaminari's eyes widened. They got lucky with Harumi's mother since she desperately needed cash. They'd been struggling to find another since they couldn't afford to pay much more than the hospital bills it would cost.

"We're gonna have another baby?" Tears filled his eyes, and he pulled his fiancé tight against his chest. "Really?"

Shinso wrapped his arms around Kaminari. "Really," he said. "Now, we need a new home with a white picket fence."

Kaminari laughed. "If I get the job, we can celebrate by buying a house. When do we start the process for baby number two?"

"Two weeks from now. So exactly one year from now, we'll probably be covered in vomit again."

"You know what, it's worth it," Kaminari said.

"I know, baby." Shinso briefly pressed his lips against Kaminari's. "You ready for bed?"

"Mmm, that depends." His hands fell from Shinso's shoulders, down his chest, and to his stomach. "Are we actually going to bed?"

Shinso bit the inside of his cheek. It'd been weeks since he'd been able to have sex. He wants to, but his body doesn't always agree with his brain. "At minimum, I can promise a nice make-out session and an amazing orgasm for you."

Kaminari's smile faltered. He tried to hide his disappointment, but it was hard sometimes. Although they go weeks and sometimes months without sex, Kaminari has never felt unwanted. Shinso never pressured him into sex with himself or anyone else.

"When we broke up all those years ago, did you ever think this is where we would end up?" Kaminari asked.

Shinso shook his head. "I didn't know where we would end up. But I hoped."

"Me too," Kaminari said. "I'm glad we both got help. Every day, I'm thankful you cleaned up your addiction. I know how hard it must have been."

Shinso leaned forward and kissed his head. "You were worth it."

--------END--------

I hope y'all enjoyed the story and the super short epilogue!