Chapter 4

Heyya! Sorry I disappeared for a while for my anime convention, but I am back. Y'all will start to see a more regular update now!

"I don't know if it's a good idea for Kaminari to go back right now," Sero countered.

"We already told Shinso that Kaminari was safe, but that's not enough. He's going to show up here soon, and I would rather Dunce not be here when that happens," Bakugo explained. "All he needs is to go home and grab different clothes for an extended weekend away."

"Are we sure it's a good idea to send him away with just Midoriya? What happens if he tries something at night when he's asleep?" They had valid excuses for not wanting him to leave town, but Kaminari needed it. A weekend away somewhere where he can relax and talk to Midoriya because he doesn't want to talk about it with anyone else.

"They both need to get out of town for a while and have a stress-free weekend."

"Why don't we all go?" Kirishima asked.

"I don't think Kaminari needs to be surrounded by couples right now," Bakugo replied.

"Maybe you and I should go," Kirishima offered. "We know Kami better and might be able to help him more. He didn't meet Midoriya until you two got together."

"Izuku is the only one he's opened up with about the situation, and-" Bakugo took the bottle of pills his boyfriend gave him last night out of his pocket and set it down on the table in front of the other two. "-Izuku has to go too. End of discussion."

"Shit," Sero breathed. "If he relapsed, he needs to go back to rehab, not an extended weekend getaway."

"He told me he hadn't taken any. Thirty were still in there, and he offered to take a drug test. He gave them to me willingly. I didn't find them or anything like that. He bought them with the intention of using them, but he didn't." Bakugo never had him take a drug test, but he believes him. He never showed signs of using again and hasn't lied to him. He had no reason to believe he was lying now.

"I'll go," Sero said suddenly. "Eijiro, you can stay here with your best friend in case Shinso comes knocking. I'll keep an eye on your other best friend and mine."

"Let's go then while Shinso is at work," Kirishima said. Everyone seemed content with the idea. Bakugo was definitely happy that Sero was going to go. Although he trusts his boyfriend completely, it's a double-edged sword because Kaminari takes the medication Midoriya had previously abused and almost abused again.

"Should we leave Kaminari here with Mido?" Sero asked.

"He's in a group project thing for his class. He won't be able to leave to watch Dunce. Plus, he should be able to pick out his own clothes and whatever else he wants for the next few days."

"You guys don't have to talk about me like I'm not right here," Kaminari said from the doorway between the kitchen and living room. "I'll go grab what I want."

"Hey, how are you feeling this morning?" Kirishima asked while pushing himself from his seat.

"Embarrassed, ashamed, disgusted, the list goes on and on," Kaminari replied while walking to the table. He picked up the bottle of pills with a frown. "When I saw Midoriya at work a few weeks ago when I went out with Shinso, he told me how much he was struggling with school, work, Sora, your guys' relationship, and his sobriety. He said he was still adjusting and trying his best, but he felt like there weren't enough hours in the day to do everything." He set the bottle back down on the table. "I wish I would have paid more attention to what he actually said."

"Are you sure he didn't take any?" Sero asked Bakugo with a cocked brow.

"Like I said, he said he didn't and showed no signs of using again. I have faith in him," Bakugo said cynically. "Plus, I checked his sleeping app from his watch," he admitted. "He's slept at least seven hours every night unless we have Sora. Then he's usually up once or twice a night for about twenty minutes."