Chapter 3

⚠️⚠️SELF-HARM SCENE⚠️⚠️

"We canceled the last two nights because you were sore!" Shinso yelled with frustration. "I'm getting sick of canceling!"

"And I'm tired of always being used like a sex toy for your pleasure!" Kaminari yelled back. "Hitoshi, it's killing me! I've expressed to you several times that I can't do it every day anymore. It takes a huge toll on my body."

"I thought you said you loved me enough to do it!"

Red flag.

Kaminari stayed silent as his boyfriend stared him down from across the room. He didn't know how to explain it to make him understand. He didn't know what else to do.

"You should get to work," Kaminari mumbled. "We can talk later. I love you."

Shinso said nothing before storming out of the house, slamming the door shut behind him.

The blond fell to the ground in the middle of the foyer. He waited for the tears to come, but they never did. He was expecting the sadness to hit him like a ton of bricks, but all he felt was numb. Numb to the pain and numb to the love.

Kaminari's eyes flickered down to the thick cuffs on his wrists. At this point, he didn't know if that would help him feel something or not. The only way to know was to try.

He picked himself up off the floor and sluggishly made his way to the bathroom. He ripped the cuffs off before setting them on the corner of the sink and reaching for the box of razors he had tucked behind his prescribed medicine. Since Shinso never moved it, it was the safest place for the box to be.

He grabbed one of the razors from the box and tried to feed his addiction. He dragged the blade horizontally against his wrist. Not sharp enough to draw a lot of blood, but sharp enough to hurt.

It didn't hurt, though.

He tried again. He still didn't feel anything.

"No," he mumbled. "It has to work. It always works."

He moved the blade a little lower to go over his older scars, hoping that would do the trick. It didn't do anything.

He dropped the razor blade in the sink and fell to the ground, landing on his ass with his back against the tub. For the first time since he started harming himself, he considered taking it one step further.

"No, I don't want to," he mumbled.

With shaky hands, he slid his phone out of his pocket and dialed the one person he knew would be willing to help. The only person who knew what was going on.

He quickly found Midoriya's contact before clicking the green call button.

It took four rings, but his friend finally answered.

"Hey, Kaminari! I was planning on calling you after we got home today." He meant to call before they left earlier that morning since he was feeling better, but he lost track of time.

"I can call back later if you're busy," Kaminari said as happily as he could.

"We just picked up Kirishima and Sero for lunch. Nothing super important. Do you want to come with us?"

"No, I'll be okay. You guys go and have fun." The little voice told him he wouldn't be okay, but he didn't want to ruin their lunch. They deserved to have fun.

"Kami..." Midoriya mumbled. Kaminari may think he hides his emotions well with his voice, but he doesn't. It wasn't hard for Midoriya to figure out something was off. "Are you calling me because I told you to call me if you felt a certain way?"