🍜💀 ~ Ţŕãįťøř

Tw: descriptions of violence, some mentions of blood (very vaugley). Skip this chapter if you are not comfortable.

The blue hedgehog grunted in pain as his back met the wall. He fell down with a hiss as the ebony hedgehog approached, adjusting the ring on his wrist once he stopped. Smirking, the smaller hedgehog watched as the other struggled to get up; fumbling about as he found something to help him stand up.

"I must say..." The ebony hedgehog paused, allowing himself to smirk. "You have quite a lot of fight in you." The blue blur grinned, clearly in pain. "Funny, I thought they'd have sent out their best to exterminate a 'traitor' like me." He cockily replied. This clearly angered Shadow as he delivered a swift roundhouse kick, hitting Sonic directly in the muzzle.

The hedghog grunted in pain once more as the sheerforce knocked his head into the cold metallic wall behind him and red blood trickled down his muzzle. The hedgehog wiped his nose, his green eyes widening when he saw his now bloodstained glove. He had always been untouchable. He had never been hurt. He always saved the day. Why was this time any different? He had to win, he was the hero.

He looked up at Shadow in fear. The other smirked back. "No one is here to protect you now." Sonic felt enraged at his comment. He was working for such a sick boss and found thrill in the fall of a protector. Sonic couldn't grin at his own victories, he could only pity the people he defeated in their clearly brainwashed state. Shadow clearly couldn't be pitied; he wasn't brainwashed, he was just a terrible person through and through.

Without thought, Sonic swung his leg, knocking Shadow off of his feet and allowing Sonic to slowly pull himself up. He hobbled over to his gun, something that had been knocked out of his hands early into his encounter with Shadow, and picked it up. In that time, Shadow had quickly gotten up. Sonic didn't even realise it until he heard Shadow cock his gun. Once he heard it, his ear flicked and he slowly turned around, faltering as the wound in his abdomen caused him to double over in pain.

"It's strange to think I once saw you as an equal. I would even go out of my way to help you, and this is how it ends. Considering our past I would save you." A small glimpse of sorrow resignated in Shadow's eyes. Sonic had always been good at sensing how Shadow felt with just a glimpse, except he couldn't quite understand how Shadow felt; his ruby eyes stripped themselves of emotion, becomming cold and vague like a robot. "But I must keep you out of my way." He reasoned.

Sonic's heart dropped. He stared at the gun, and back at Shadow. Shadow himself seemed to panic slightly, his gloved hand holding the gun began to shake and he bit his lip to try conceal his emotion. "Shadow..." Sonic whispered, this seemingly awakening him from his trance as Shadow quickly shot him in the abdomen, and then the shoulder, and then the rib. Sonic fell down in pain, only able to watch as Shadow left him for dead.

He couldn't die. He was the hero, the hero of möbius. He was supposed to free the people from the tyranical grasp of Eggman. His story couldn't end here... could it? His mind filled with memories of his friends, telling him their hopes and dreams for the future he had promised. Tears filled his eyes, falling into the ever-growing pool of blood beneath him.

__________________________________

"Sonic?" A meek voice whispered as she crept through the remains of an old warehouse post-eggman. It was quite dark, forcing the pink hedgehog to take out her flashlight and switch it on with a click.

The light reflected off of a thick, red substance. It hadn't quite soaked into the concrete, and seemed fresh. Fearing the worst, she darted around with her flashlight, eventually finding what she feared.

In the far corner, just visible, layed Sonic The Hedgehog. He slumped against the wall, a large trail of blood leading over to him. Three gaping wounds were very obvious at first glance. All purposely avoiding his heart, yet comming close to it. His eyes were lifeless, the gaping wounds seeming to have bruising around them.

Amy gasped at this, holding a hand to her mouth as tears fell down her cheeks. His last moments were spent alone in the dark, bleeding out. He had tried to defend himself; his gun at his side. He had tried to stop the bleeding; blood covering his gloves and torn parts of his uniform on the floor and bloodied. Möbius hadn't only lost its future, but its sole hero.

The bullet wounds were precise and calculated. Only one person could pull off such a feat. Shadow.  "Rose to HQ..." she whispered in distraught as she turned on her mic. "Blue... he's no longer with us." She told the operator on the other end.

__________________________________

816 words :]