🍜 ~ Ţhěm

This is based on my random character in my art book. (I'm still perfecting them)
There isn't any real trigger warnings unless you despise drag queens in which case, why?

Rouge couldn't describe how she felt about them in all honesty. Every single mission she planned meticulously, every calculated second would go to waste when they walked in. They would put on their usual charade and somehow steal anything and everything before Rouge could even get a glimpse of the desired gem for her collection. Despite this, they had some sort of class to them. Elegance graced their step and their seemingly flawless figure fit every gown they walked in. She wasn't quite jealous - but intruiged. Sometimes they appeared feminine and other times they appeared masculine. She couldn't quite tell what pronouns they used or what gender they were, all she could tell was they would cost her her jewel as soon as they entered. That wouldn't be the case tonight.

Rouge had gathered some intel on them, they were a male - or that's what it said on their application atleast - who went by the code name Verde. Green and red were opposites Rouge supposed. They had joined S.W.O.R.D - a rivalling agency to G.U.N that ruined practically everything. Thankfully G.U.N was willing to set up a trap for the rather tall sheep. As they say, never bring a sword to a gun fight.

Rouge was strolling atop the indoor balcony above the main area of the party. She had ensured she was wearing her best yet most practical outfit for the occasion - a form fitting black dress with white gloves and simple black heels - it was better for 'Verde' to remember Rouge in glamorous attire on such an occasion.

She surveyed the area above, seeing Shadow in the crowd. He gave her a sly nod, in which she returned, before reaching up to his ear piece. "No sign yet." He spoke through the small mechanism. Rouge pressed on her ear piece, leaning over the balcony. "Keep your guard up, they're quite slippery." She replied. "Roger that." Shadow mocked. Rouge could only roll her eyes with a scoff and utter under her breath.

She kept surveying as the minutes passed, growing bored and fiddling with her ring - the jewel being one she had stolen from a snobby cat's wedding ring. Her ear piece suddenly sprung to life. "Found them." Shadow's voice murmured. Rouge jumped, nearly falling off of the balcony. "Where?" She asked. "Front entrance." Shadow stated. Rouge searched the crowd finding a mop of white fluffy hair. It appeared they were presenting feminine tonight - donning a complimentary dark purple mermaid dress with a slit with darker purple mesh detailing and black boots.

Rouge watched them carefully. They moved fluidly around the room as they avoided the crowd. "Wanna make your move, hun?" Rouge asked expectantly, now looking towards Shadow. The ebony hedgehog glared upward at the bat before sauntering up to the sheep, his unwilling look changing almost immediatley as he approached the sheep. Rouge watched for a moment, taking her position a few moments later.

The plan was quite simple. Shadow would accidentally let it slip that the ball wa sto commemorate an extremely rare jewel being found by G.U.N and it was being stored in the back until after the party completely unguarded. Rouge would be in the back awaiting Verde's arrival and would then ambush them and take them in for questioning.

"They're comming." Shadow's voice came from the other side of the ear piece. "Move to your next position." Rouge commanded. "Already here." Shadow told her. A sudden flash emitted from the corner of the room, Shadow appearing as the flash died down with his chaos emerald in hand. So much for low-key. He luckily managed to blend in with the dark corners. "I ran into a few familiar faces by the way." He whispered. Rouge sighed, that meant Sonic, Knuckles, Amy and Tails had arrived. They would only get in the way.

A large thud echoed throughout the room as a vebt cover fell to the floor. Out of the now open vent came the sheep, however they were no longer in their dress but combat boots, camo pants and some shirt that seemed a few sizes too small. "I'm in." Their deep voice whispered into a radio. He had tied the mop of fluff into a ponytail, revealing brown eyes.

He surveyed the area and walked up the the pedestal where the jewel had been placed. That was when Rouge striked. She flew straight for the male, picking him up and throwing him towards Shadow, who spindashed into him. Before Rouge could fly in for another attack, the sheep jumped up, grabbing Rouge's forearm and throwing her at the wall. She collided with the wall at extreme force, leaving her on the floor with a bleeding nose.

"Nice to see you again." The sheep chuckled, turning around. As he did so, Shadow punched him and knocked him backwards, however he recovered very swiftly and began to counter attack Shadow, which eventually ended with Rouge having to step in to preseve Shadow's consciousness.

She landed a kick on the male, however he grabbed her leg and pushed her away giving Shadow a small amount of time to kick his legs and send him tumbling to the ground. Before either of the two coukd stroke once more, the main door opened, revealing a cocky blue hedgehog and his crew. "Heard some commotion." He grinned. Rouge looked at Sonic in pure horror. He was going to mess everything up.

"We're you two fighting?" Amy asked with concern. "No we were fighting-" Rouge cut herself off, finding the sheep had disappeared. She looked to the jewel, which had also dissapeared. She couldn't help but scowl at the group. "You just cost me my jewel!" She shouted. Sonic laughed nervously, Knuckles scowling. "Atleast that didn't have any importance." He glared at the bat - referring to his precious emerald he swore to protect. If it wasn't so shiny maybe she wouldn't have to have it.

The sheep had fled once more unfortunately for Rouge, along with one of her most prized jewels. Honestly it was beginning to grow tiring. Suddenly a sword seemed more useful than a gun in a gun fight.

_____________________________

1042 words

Ngl I can kinda see Rouge and 'Verde' being extremely close friends or a couple but then again I'm a sucker for enemies to lovers tropes xd maybe I'll include them in another story? Who knows but i love this character so much right now :)