Flowers Bursting From My Chest

Momonga has always been a big fan of roleplaying. He wasn't as serious as some of his other friends, but it was a big part of building the "history" of Ainz Ooal Gown.

Perhaps that is why he decided to add an imaginary disease to the lore of his character. What disease would that be, one might ask, when his avatar was an undead overlord? How could he possibly be sick?

Hanahaki is an interesting disease. As many know, it's not a infliction caused by the usual means, but rather from one's feelings.

Feeling abandoned by his friends, Momonga decided to add something new to his avatar; a bushell of flowers are growing in his rib cage, covered only by his cloak. Now overgrown in his chest, the only reason why he hasn't suffocated is because he's undead.

Or so Momonga wrote for his character.

Momonga knows that his friends never meant to leave him. And of course, he doesn't actually have an imaginary disease. It was just his way of putting his "suffering" into physical means.

Not that he'd ever tell his friends why he added an overgrown flower patch inside his ribcage, if they ever return. That'd just open a whole can of worms he'd rather not get into.

He decided that until he could reconcile with his friends- or until the game ends- he'll simply "suffer in silence", so to speak.

It was only for roleplay! A ridiculous way to cope, that's all...

Momonga never meant for it to become real.

In short: Momonga accidentally creates Hanahaki, and considering the repercussions of removing the flowers, he refuses to do anything about it.