The Royal Blacksmiths

Start from the beginning

Kai places his hand on Cole's shoulders "No, but if we're going to have any chance at getting that Fangblade before they do, we better get our own act in tune" He says, placing his free hand on his own chest.

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓
     Timeskip
┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

They fly to their destination, jumping down and safely landing using their weapons.

Cole holds open an instrument case "Alright, hand them over"

"Ah-uh. But no mortal shall possess all four" Jay jokes, putting in his nunchucks.

"Very funny"

Next up, (Y/n) puts her staff in. Then Zane and Kai always putting their respective weapons in.

"You wanna remind me again why we can't keep our weapons?" Kai questions.

Cole closes the case "I told you, my dad can't find out I'm a ninja. And I don't feel like making up excuses why I'm carrying a giant scythe around with me. Just remember the plan: we find out who has the Fangblade trophy, we snatch it, and then we get the heck out of town"

He approaches one of the houses and knocks on the door.

"Just a moment" a voice calls out from the other side. The door opens, revealing Cole's father.

"Hey, dad. How long's it been?" Cole greets.

"What? You too good for the doorbell?" His father says, before slamming the door in his face.

"Uh..."

"Use the bell, son"

Cole does as he is told and presses the doorbell. Voices that sounded like a barbershop quartet sing "Welcome~"

The door opens again, "Haha. Come on in, son. It's been forever" Cole's father embraces his son "What did you bring? A quartet and a familiar face? Come in, come in. I've got a kettle of lemon honey tea on the stove right now" He steps aside to let them in.

"Hey, Lou. Uh, long time no see" (Y/n) akwardly smiles, walking inside.

The team sit on the couch, with (Y/n) sitting next to it on a chair.

"You two must've met again at Marty opperheimer, what a surprise seeing eachother there" Lou mentions, the others look at (Y/n) and Cole with intrige.

"Yeah, funny coincidence, huh?" (Y/n) mutters, scratching her cheek.

Lou notices the confused gazes "Oh, they didn't tell you. They were the bestest of friends when they were little. They met through a collab of the acting departement and dance departement" He reaches into his pocket and pulls out his wallet.

"They were doing Alice in Wonderland, being a mix of dance and acting. Sadly Alice's actress was sick on the day of the performance, so Cole had to take over for her" He pulls out a picture of young (Y/n) and Cole. The ravennette was wearing a blue and white dress, looking away from the camera in embarrassment. Next to him stands (Y/n), wearing bunny ears. She seem to try comfort her friend.

Jay's hand latches to his mouth, as him and Kai struggle to hold in their laughter. Cole slowly turns to them, glaring daggers in the two.

"Didn't call him a silly nickname after that, what was it again?...wonder...boy! That was it" Lou continues.

(Y/n) grips tightly the cup she was holding "Yup...that's the one"

"Enough of those stories, dad. we have this final research paper we're doing on the history of Ninjago talent, and what we really wanted to know was how can we get our hands on the Blade Cup?" Cole cuts in.