Chapter 41: Peace of Mind

Start from the beginning

"Give me a chance sweetie." He begged.

"What do you really want Angelo." I crossed my arms.

"I want a relationship with you. I want to know about you and take care of you. I want to show you the world, introduce you to our family, our culture." He explained.

"You have to understand that I can't." I sighed. "This has to be the last time we see each other."

"But you're my daughter...." Angelo stuttered.

"You're just a stranger to me." I shook my head.

"You have a brother." He added.

"Tyler yeah I know." I nodded.

"No - you have another brother Sebastian" Angelo told me.

At this point my mind just crumbled. I thought I was handling everything strongly until he mentioned I had another brother. I had a completely new family just like that. I was confused now. I wanted to be able to walk away but my brother.... I had to at least give my brother a chance, none of this was his fault.

"Would you like to meet your brother? I know he'd definitely like to meet you." Angelo informed me.

He wanted to meet me. He actually cared. At the minute that meant a lot to me because of what I was going through with Tyler. I did want to meet him. It wasn't he fault this happened.

"I want to meet him." I nodded.

"Give our family a chance Marley-Rose." Angelo pleaded. "Come for dinner with us, please. Just let us talk, one night."

Was I actually giving into this stranger? I was only doing this because I wanted to meet my brother, I in no way wanted Angelo to act like my dad, he didn't have that right.

"One night." I sighed giving into him and he shared a bright smile. "Just let me get changed."

"Of course! Take your time." Angelo exclaimed holding his smile.

I left Angelo on the porch and went inside to get ready. As soon as I got inside though, Brody and Jake were on top of me.

"What happened?!"

"We're going to dinner." I replied. "He's going to let me meet my brother, I have another brother."

"Marley that's not a good idea! You don't even know this man!" Jake snapped at me.

"I have another brother, I can't ignore that." I shook my head then ran past them up the stairs.

In my room I found that Brody had brought some of my bags up somehow so I stripped and changed into white skinny jeans, an ice blue crop top and a white blazer. I touched up my hair and makeup up finishing my look.

I guess I was really doing this, going to dinner with my dad and brother. Last week I would have killed to have dinner with my dad but this wasn't what I expected. I had to do it though or else I would live my life in wonder.

I grabbed my clutch bag and made my way downstairs. I was hoping to avoid Jake and Brody but that didn't seem like an option as they were both waiting for me.

"Guys you're not going to change my mind." I told them.

"Let me come with you." Brody suggested.

"I can't. I have to do this myself, this is my family." I replied.

"Marley I have to tell my dad." Jake sighed.

"No! You can't." I jumped. "Jake I have to be the one to tell him, please let me."