CHAPTER 26

MATTEO

Ella has decided to have a change of dress for the reception while I have decided to remain in the same clothes.

Soon after we reached the estate where the reception is being held, the other car containing Ella's sister, who knew they were needed for the dress change, also arrived.

Bianca, Luca and Arthur stayed back, greeting all the guests and trying to make excuses about my abrupt exit with Ella and why it was needed. Apparently doing--and I quote Luca--damage control.

Getting a bit impatient waiting for Ella, I enter the mansion to go upstairs to her suit where she is getting changed right now.

Stopping by the huge window on the staircase, I glance outside and observe everything. Everything has been planned according to and by Ella. It would be an absolute understatement to say that this is all organised beyond amazingly. Everything is quite literally perfect, exactly how this day is for me.

There are fairly lights set up on top of the garden, since it's evening time and the sun is about to start setting in a while, I'm assuming the lights have been planned to turn on at that time. Aside from that, every table have been personally set and designed by her according to whosoever would be sitting there based on the guest sitting arrangement.

She asked about all guests she didn't particularly knew about and then did the placement of where they would be sitting. 

It's a wonder how she did all this. I am beyond proud of her. Though I can't help but feel that I haven't helped as much as I could have but I'm pretty sure that even if I'd tried to, she would have sent me away somehow. 

Slowly the guests are arriving at the estate. The guest list which only consists of people from the mafia world or those who have ties with them. But there's only one person who isn't aware of either of this and that's Amanda. Ella's close friends who I am yet to talk to.

Moving along the stairs, I stand in front of her door and softly knock a few times before opening it when no reply comes. Maybe I could have knocked a bit loudly but oh well.

There's a small sitting area which I have to walk through to reach her room but instead of doing that, I eavesdrop on their conversation, a little amused.

"That kiss, Ellie!" Mia squeaks and I don't need to look to know that my wife is blushing without intending to.

"Let's not talk about that please." She requests.

"Oh my lord, how could we bloody not? And the way he pulled you outside the church without even caring about anyone else! I bet it was because he couldn't have waited another minute to kiss you." The accuracy catches me off guard and a small smile graces my lips.

"I know, right? I found it so adorable." Sofia says. Adorable? That was adorable? Hm, Bianca told me what I did was rude.

The door behind me open and Silas enters the room. He nods at me and shakes my head.

"Congratulations, Matteo."

"Thank you." I nod at him.

I guess the girls finally figured out that someone is here because there's pin drop silence right now. Mia's head peaks out to where we are standing with scrunched eyebrows.

She glances Silas and I only to roll her eyes. "Can't you two live a moment without them?"

"No, I can't." I answer at the same time Silas says, "I'm doing my job."

She points a manicured finger at Silas. "Who are you kidding? Yourself? Sofia? Maybe. Me? Hell no." She walks and stands in front of us both, trying to seem intimidating but the five feet height isn't doing much for her in front of us.