The twins

We stand in a oval, waiting for Miguel to talk. Pavitr fixes his hair and tenses his muscles secretively admiring them. He notices me frowning at him and winks my direction.

"Okay, we have another mission." Miguel announces. Peter stands by his side, his large frame is nothing compared to Miguel's. He looks puny and short. "This one is going to be challenging so I'm going to need all..." His eyes avert to mine. I take offense to his long pause as he stares at me sternly. My body turns away and faces Hobie who stand beside me. He chuckles quietly as he stares at Miguel. "Of you to listen to directions. Do you think all of you can do that?"

My blood boils as people shake their heads in approval. I- on the other hand, remain stiff.

     "Great, now let's get into it." Miguel pulls up a holographic screen in the middle of us. Our eyes immediately fixate a scene playing at hand. Two men enter a bank, shooting from the inside to scare off the people. "These two are from earth 4086, they are currently in earth 5487. We need to bring them back to their earth as soon as possible before they make permanent damage."

      "There just bank robbers. There should be no problem taking them down." I say as we continue to watch the scene.

    Peter step in, "keep watching." A few seconds after, cops run in. They scurry across the room to hide behind tables and walls as they shoot. People who couldn't get out in time huddle in a corner far from the entrance.

     That's when I see it. As the policemen fire, the two men disappear. They leave traces of dark blue dust that hover in the air.

     The cops turn their heads in ever direction, yelling at one another to find them. That's when, they stealthily take out each cop at a time. Their bodies drop like dominos as the people scream. Then, the hologram turns off.

     "What happens to the victims?" Pavitr asks concerned. Miguel's eyes find Pavitr. His dark chocolate brown eyes show no signs on happiness.

     "They all made it out alive excepts for the policemen. The twins- they call themselves, only wanted the money and if there's something in their way then they are as good as dead." Peter announce.

     "Alright mate, I think we got this in the bag." Hobie says confidently as he starts to walk to the exit.

      "Their not easy villains to take down Hobie. We may be able to sense them but one lash of their blade to the neck, then we're gone." Miguel says as Hobie turns to look at him. He nods and walks out.

       "Wonderful." I mumble sarcastically.

       Pavitr follows soon after Hobie. Leaving us three. I begin to turn and walk out before the sound of Peter clearing his throat stops me. Ignoring Miguel's eyes as I turn, I look into Peters wide one. He gestures me with his eyes to talk with Miguel. I look at Miguel who is studying his computer as always before we head into a fight. Or I could say was always.

      I shake my head harshly and clench my teeth. Peter never takes no for an answer. It's annoying sometimes. "I'll wait for the others outside." Peter says loud enough for Miguel to turn his head towards us.

      My body aches to run out. I could if I want to. Do I want to?

       Peter is gone by the time I process my thoughts. Leaving Miguel and me in the huge empty room.

     My heart pounds in my chest as sweat finds it's ways in my clenched hands. His eyes find mine. I try to avoid his, but the magnetic feeling of his eyes pull me in. Something in his face is different. Almost softer and calm. I shake it off and look at my watch. "We should get going." I say, turning around.

    "Y/n." My name plays softly on his lips. It startles me, not because I knew what's to become but because he never speaks in this tone.

    "What?" Not turning to face him, I stare at the exit. He goes to speak but quickly stops himself.

      "Hurry up and tell the others to be ready." He says in his normal stern voice. My shoulders slump slightly as I carry myself outside. What possible do I think would happen? An apology? Ha, that's kinda funny.

————————————————————————

      "Keep your eyes out. We need this whole city looked over. Once you find them, drop your location." Miguel says under his mask.

      "Alright, see you all shortly." Peter jumps off the building and out of sight. The sun shines down on us and New York.

     "I'll take west." I announce, jumping off the building and swinging from one to another. Miguel yells something to me that I purposefully ignore.

      Instead, I take in the breeze and clean air. Back on my earth, it smells like constant trash. That's why we never moved there.

       "Hey are you spider man?" My head turns towards a little girl. She leans on the railing of a balcony. It's a right story apartment and she happens to by in the very top.

    I swing down to her and balance myself on a railing. "Not quiet." I chuckle. Her long brown hair and bright blue eyes stare in amazement.

      "Whoa, your...spider girl?" I nod and she squeals. "I've never seen a girl one."

      "That's because you Spiderman is not me. I'm another worlds slider girl." I put my lip up to my mouth, gesturing her to keep it a secret.

     She tilts her head in confusion. "Then why arnt you saving your world?"

      My heart skips a beat as I freeze in my stance. She has a point. If I'm truly spider girl then I should be saving my world. Not others.

       "Becasue I have multiple to save." It is the only thing I can come up with. She seems to find the answer appealing as she smiles back at me. However, in the end, the question remains to bother me.

      My watch starts to vibrate, indicating an alert. I look down to see a tiny red dot half way across the city from where I stand. Looking back at the girl, I ruffle her hair and stand on the railing. "Nice talkin to you kid. Stay safe."

      Leaping off, I swing toward the destination on my map. She waves as I get farther and farther away.

       A loud explosion blows me to the side. I crash into the building beside the one that exploded.

        "You okay?" Pavitr says, swinging into the building I collapsed in. I groan in pain before getting up.

        "I'm great." A few bones in my back pop as I stretch them out. "They are a little closer than the map says."

      He chuckles nervously. "Sorry about that."

      Registering it was him, I patt his back and look outside the huge hole in the building. "Don't worry about it. Let's go."

       We swing out onto a building where the others stand. Their eyes scan the area cautiously. Miguel's body tenses up while Peter stairs ahead sternly. Hobie turns grey as he stays in a power stance.

      "What's wrong?" I ask before something comes behind me and throws Pavitr off a cliff.

      "Pavitr!" I yell, watching his body fall.

       "So much for sensing them." Hobie says sarcastically.