Unknown feelings

The portal disappears, leaving us in a completely different dimension. It looks almost like the New York in my dimension, but...bigger.

Street lights glimmer above buildings and late night traffic. My e/c eyes stare in admiration.

"It's so much prettier at Night." Pavitr says, swinging off the building we stand under and onto another. His yo-yo launches into the night sky and back to his hand.

"Alright, now we just need to find the lizard." Miguel says, typing on his watch. A virtual map pops up in front of us from his watch.

"Alright, here we are." He points at the area we stand on the map. "Peter, check south and Hobbie you go north. I'll take East while Pavitr takes west." Pavitr nods and jumps out of sight. "When you find him, send for backup. Let's go." They turn their ways, leaving me on the building.

"Hey, wait! What about me?" I call out.

"Stay and observe." Miguel says, swinging away. I roll my eyes, sitting on the building concrete ledge.

"How fun." My legs kick back and forth as I watch the world around me come to life. It's peaceful and calm. The wind creates a perfect breeze as cars honk in the distance.

It almost reminds me of Brooklyn. The feeling of longing tugs at my chest. My thoughts shift to my mother. Feeling a wave of guilt come over me. She must be worried.

However, she wouldn't be able to except me like this. Not ever.

My hands clench the suit on my thighs. Breaking me from my peace.

"Why can't I just be normal." I whisper to myself. Continuing to look at the city lights and walking people. They shrink under the tall building i sit above.

People walk past each other, heading opposite direction. Having places they wanna be. Having people waiting for them to come home. Having a life.

I never really had that even after I was bitten. The only person I had is dead. Even my mother was absent most of the time. However, smiling is better than crying. It creates false emotions that seep into my brain making them feel real. But only for a short period of time.

My head starts to vibrate, jolting me out of my thoughts. I turn my head in ever direction. My surroundings are clear, nothing but me. My head continues to warn me of danger, as i stand up. I hear the beats of my heart echo through my ear as I take a step closer to the opposite side of the building. My head vibrates harder, warning me to be ready for anything.

I stalk towards the end of the building, seeing nothing but cars under me. Taking a deep breath, i close my eyes to slow my heart down.

Something shuffles from behind me. Without a second more, it pulls me down to the floor. Sharp nails dig into my back, cutting through the materials. I cry out in pain, before using all my strength to turn over.

My eyes, meet a large lizard. His green scales and human like face glares at me.

"Why are you all animals?" I complain, trying to push him off.

"Where is Peter Parker? ." His hoarse accent demands. I give him a confused look, struggling to hold his hands back from my masked face. My hands shake as I hold the immense weight.

"I don't know man. Peter who? Porker?" He growls at my sarcasm.

"Parker!" He yell in my ear. Pushing harder towards my face as I struggle to fight back. My gaze shifts towards the watch on my wrist. Miguel's instructions echo in my head.