Home

Gwen was going to be okay. Miguel and I made sure of it. She took my room for the meantime. I slept on the floor with a pillow as my cushion. Once she woke up, I would take my rightful place on my luxurious bed. But for now, I'll watch over her like a friend should.

Three days had passed. I didn't leave her side while the others did our job. Miguel came to check on us every once in the while. He brought me food which I never touched. I thanked him anyways.

Peter, Pavtri, and Hobie all came in as well, separately. They would ask me how she was doing and I would give them the same answer.

"Fine."

When really all I wanted to say was 'she's in a damn coma how do you think she's doing you idiots?'

Every now and then I would give her water through her chapped lips. Giving her food was hard. I went out of my way to turn it into liquid. She was getting skinnier everyday. It scared me.

"Y/n?" Miguel creaks the door open, peaking his head in to look at me.

"Yeah come in." A plate with sand which slices and watermelon is in his hand. He trades it out for my untouched eggs and toast with a frown.

"You haven't been eating." He says calmly with a hint of annoyance.

"I'm not hungry."

"I don't care. You need to eat."

"But I don't want it!" I push back.

He looks away, biting his tongue from furthering the argument.

I know I haven't been giving him the gratitude he deserves. But seeing Gwen like this has me worried sick. However, he has done nothing but care for me.

"Look Miguel, I'm sorry. I'm just-"

He puts his hand on my shoulder and I flinch. His large warm hand practically invade my entire left shoulder.

"Let's go for a walk."

Tilting my head to the side I give him a confused look. "What?"

Next thing I know, we are walking along a familiar pathway. I discarded his offer to which he urged me on. After a few minutes of arguing, I agree.

Now, we walk silently, almost awkwardly around headquarters. My thoughts of Gwen never waking up scared me. After losing Peter, I fear of losing anyone else.

"Gwen's not Peter, y/n. She's stronger." Miguel blurts out.

It's almost as if he read my mind. That can't be one of his power too...right?

It almost sounded like an insult to Peter. But I knew he didn't mean it like that. It was his own way to reassure me she is not an ordinary human being. She will get through this no matter what.

"I know but, I can't help she'll never wake up."

He chuckled his low and soft chuckle. The one that made me shiver with pleasure.

"Gwen would be insulted you think so lowly of her."

"Wha-I don't think lowly of her...I just don't think too high of her either." Now being the one to laugh. The air lifts around us. A thick air that has been around us for a long, long time.

Miguel turns head body towards me, stoping in his tracks and fiddling with his watch. I stop in front of him, everting my eyes to his large hands on his watch.

"What are you doing?"

A large portal opens behind me. Large gushes of breeze from the other side moves my h/c hair across my shoulders.