1- "𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚕𝚎."

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎..."
𝚖.𝚏
≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

The Fairchild Manor. A place no one even walks by. People act like its abandoned....You might be wondering why I'm even talking about this place if people like to pretend it doesn't exist...

Well I had the opportunity to actually live there surprisingly. Let me tell you how.

A WEEK EARLIER

"KATE DO WE REALLY have to move to that creepy ass house." I asked Kate, my 'mom'. She adopted me when I was 6 after my parents died and also cause she wasn't able to have kids. Not like she could get anyone to do that shit with her.

"Y/n, you know I have to babysit this girl and help her with her school work." She reminded me. "Yea I get that but why do I have you go with you. I can stay here alone, I'm 16 years old, im practically an adult." I argued. "Y/n" she sighed. "You've burnt water before."

"That was one time. It happened so long ago-" "It just happened last week." Kate said cutting me off. Ok I admit, she was right. But what were my friends gonna think about me living in some haunted house. I've heard ghost stories about this place bro. "We are leaving next week so go ahead and start packing." Kate said.

I rolled my eyes and headed to my room. I grabbed some clothes, some board games, and my backup walkman incase my other one broke. I finished packing and decided to go for a walk. It was 6:30 so I felt like I had about 40 minutes of daylight.

I changed into some leggings and my hoodie and told Kate I was about to talk a walk around the neighborhood.

The sky had turned to this pinkish color which was really pretty. I love when I get to see the sky like this. Before I left the house, I grabbed my walkman and a book to read by my favorite tree. I start to walk over to my ideal place until I saw this boy with long dark curls, a blue guitar, and a book in his hand.

I got a little irritated cause he was at my favorite tree but its not like I own nature. I walked up to him and said hello. "Hi!" I said. He then looked up at me and then went back to reading his book. Rude.

I just ignored him and went to the other side of the tree and took out my favorite book that I have been reading. 'The Goldfinch' A few peaceful minutes of me reading. I heard some loud guitar playing from the mysterious guy. "Do you mind, im trying to rea-" He started playing louder before I could finish my sentence. I put back on my headphones, trying to cancel out his guitar with my music and so I could continue reading.

That didn't work. I could hear his wretched guitar playing through my headphones. I decided just to go home cause it was getting dark anyways. I started to walk back to my house, I heard the guitar playing die down and eventually stopped as I was walking away.

That asshole.

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚗𝚎..."
𝚖.𝚏
≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛≛

WORD COUNT- 541