Alvaro Addams

Bianca had to take Yoko to the infirmary. The poor vampire, at the mere sight of Wednesday's gaze, fainted.

Now, after Wednesday and Enid had finished setting up their room, they found themselves in the Nightshade's library, the section on the ghostly architectures of the outcasts much less organized than young Addams imagined; by now she already had around her three stacks of at least a dozen books each, one for books of Asian origin that she could not read but which probably contained nothing about Addams Manor, one for books of European origin, where there are bookmarks in every paragraphs with interesting information, and the last stack, the one where Wednesday placed her trust, consists of books in Spanish written by her ancestors, predating or slightly postdating Goody's events.

Enid, on the other hand, was in charge of American and English source books, since that is the only language she can read well.

"Willa! I may have found something, but this book is in Spanish, you have to help me."

Enid had finished her stack and moved on to other books on the shelves.

"Let me see it."

What Enid shows Wednesday is a handwritten book, where occupying an entire page is a drawing or rather sketch of a house.

"Look at the footnote in the lower right corner."

Underneath the drawing was writing in a font that was quite a bit smaller than the others; it could easily have escaped the notice of an unobservant eye.

"Casa Addams, if I remember correctly casa means house in Spanish."

"I see you are learning something."

Wednesday turns a sweet smile to her companion but does not look away from the pages.

"I can't read it well, it's in a dialect I don't know and it has quite messy handwriting."

At one point Wednesday opens his eyes wide, smiles and then turns to Enid to leave a caress on his cheek.

"You found it, this is the diary of the person who built the first version of Addams Castle."

Wednesday began to avidly read the diary, the more she read, the more she could understand the writing and dialect.

"Apparently Manor was wrong, the castle or at least, the first Addams house was not built over Goody's grave."

Wednesday shushes, her worried look unnerving Enid.

"The first Addams house is this one, Nevermore before it was forcibly taken by Crackstone and then taken back by Goody, is where once stood the home of the first Addams who came here from Mexico, this is the diary of Goody's grandfather."

Enid looks at the diary and then Wednesday.

"How does this help us?"

"Alvaro Addams' daughter, Goody Addams' mother, is buried here, Goody may not have known it but her grandfather survived Crackstone and continued to live hidden among the people of Jericho. Goody's mother was named Esperanza Addams, her father called her that because she was the first Addams to be born here in the U.S., or rather, from what it says here she was born on the U.S.-Mexico border. Now she lies here, Goody buried her under what would become the Nevermore."

"Do you think Goody got buried with her mother?"

Wednesday is doubtful, Alvaro Addams never says the girl's name, he only refers to her as "niece", this fact is strange to the young Addams because he never writes the niece's name while instead the daughter's name is so recurrent. Then Wednesday comes to the last pages.