Welcome back to Nevermore

"Enid dear wait you are forgetting this!"

An agitated Morticia runs out of Addams Castle dragging a black trolley behind her.

"Morticia thank you I don't know what I would have done without my beauty case."

Enid jumps to embrace the woman as Wednesday notices the excessive size of what should be a cosmetic case.

"Has Enid always had a whole suitcase just for makeup? Because if so we'll have to review some of your habits..."

Enid leaves Morticia and turns amusedly to her companion.

"Don't worry my little crow, I won't squander the Addams fortune on cosmetics."

Wednesday drops her gaze on the 4th huge suitcase of clothes that Lurch is loading into the car. Enid follows her gaze and blushes at the hint.

"And not even in clothes.... But when Morticia and I went to the mall together to shop, we got slightly carried away..."

Lurch walks past the two with the fifth suitcase.

Wednesday sighs and then turns her back on Enid by heading for the car.

"You'll have to pay amends for that nickname!"

The girl closes the door behind her, leaving a dejected Enid behind.

"Thing what do I have to do to have a normal relationship with Wednesday?"

The poor severed hand, perched on Enid's shoulder, knows well how to answer that question.

Addams.

"Translation...... is impossible."

Even Gomez finally leaves the house in his smart suit while sporting his usual warm smile.

"Go family! Here we go!"

*** *** ***

They have been on the road for an hour or so now and there has been only silence, if you don't count Morticia and Gomez's love karaoke. Wednesday had determined that Enid's punishment for using a love nickname without permission was the punishment of silence.

It was Morticia who was the first to get fed up with it.

"So girls, happy to go back to school?"

"I'm Super Excited!" "Yay....."

Of course, Wednesday's exclamation is anything but cheerful and earns her a dirty look from her mother, but the young raven does not care about that.

"So you tell me Enid, do you plan to participate in every cultural activity that the school will organize again this year?"

Enid did not wait for another question, and Morticia immediately understands why her daughter immediately zapped her after she asked the question. Enid starts with a soliloquy where she talks about the infinitesimal activities she will take part in.

"It will be a very long journey."

Gomez nods at his daughter before laying a look of pity on his poor wife who certainly does not want to hurt Enid by not listening to her words or interrupting her.

*** *** ***

"Here we are! Here we are!"

Enid hops on the seat holding tightly to the arm of a dejected Wednesday.

"I can see it Enid, no need to yank me."

Gomez and Morticia smiled at each other after looking at the Gothic building looming in front of them.