The Odd Caretaker (Part I)

The canon universe combines with Age Swap AU! The boss of the original Port Mafia, Ougai Mori, picked a fight with the two ADAs. He may not have won, but he technically did, because he took with him the brother figures Ranpo and Fukuzawa, and took them to his home in secret, and sometimes to his office. Other members would be dragged into taking care of the small duo.

~

Ranpo tried hard to break free from the seatbelt that had him tied, as well as the ropes that surrounded him. By his side, Mori and Elise sat together, playing with little Fukuzawa's hair. His eyelids fluttered, his hand weakly slapping their hands away whenever he could. He was sadly giving in, getting tired, getting sleepy. Ranpo managed to get one of his arms free, but Mori noticed, and Elise was quickly send towards him, gripping said arm and tying him on top of the seat of the car, close to the roof. Mori looked at the driver.

"How long until we arrive?"

Said driver, Chuuya, turned his eyes to the rearview mirror. "Half an hour. You don't live that close."

That was because this was not really his house, more like a hidden place. He had no worries about the kids finding their way out or in, he knew it wouldn't be a problem if they knew the way or not. Because they wouldn't. Fukuzawa was already falling asleep, because of his far young age, he's much easier to deal with than his Fukuzawa. Ranpo. . . Well, everyone knows how terrible he is when it comes to directions and locations, his twice younger self shouldn't be any better.

"You're not getting away with this!" Ranpo exclaimed, still thrashing.

Mori chuckled. "I'm not quite about that," he said. "Your little friend here is already giving in."

"You don't," Fukuzawa tried to hold a yawn, but it followed the continuation of his sentence. "Play nice. . ."

He chuckled, hands softly caressing Fukuzawa's hair. "I am the boss of the Port Mafia for a reason, little one."

Fukuzawa tried to get his hand away. It didn't work, though. Mori just laid him better in his arms, having Elise help him play with the younger's hair as he slowly fell asleep. It didn't take too long for the child to completely fall asleep, soft snores leaving him. Mori pulled him up to rest his head better near his shoulder, smiling at the sweet view of the child version of the president sleeping so calmly and adorably.

Ranpo used the moment of distraction to have his other arm twist behind him, trying to reach where the seatbelt was connected, an attempt of partially freeing himself. He kept his eye on Mori to make sure he wouldn't get suspicious. He continued twisting his arm behind him, his shoulder getting uncomfortable. He was getting close to reaching it, almost smiling triumphantly.

Then the car suddenly braked, bouncing with the action.

Ranpo fell and his arm twisted badly. He couldn't hold the yelp and shout of pain that followed.

Mori held Fukuzawa tight, looking at the rearview mirror to glare at Chuuya. "What was that for?" he asked, calmly.

"Check the brat's arm and you'll find out." Chuuya simply replied, then returned to driving.

Elise went towards him and helped him sit properly. She checked his arm, seeing it a bit out of place. The tears in the corner of Ranpo's eyes were not missed. She looked at Mori. "I think his arm dislocated."

"How?" Mori asked, confused, and gently moving over to check him while being careful with Fukuzawa. He noticed the arm twisted behind, and gently held it. The reaction Ranpo gave him was more than enough to confirm that not only his arm was dislocated, but his hand was also not in its good state. He wondered how it had happened, looking over the position of the hand and the surrounding. His eyes caught the seatbelt, and then he sighed. "You're quite the sneaky type, aren't you?"