Fukumori: How they Met (Part Two)

"Hey, Fuku, I'm back with the cake!" Ranpo said, holding two plates: one for him, one for Fukuzawa. "Fukuzawa?"

He looked around, finding Fukuzawa's toys, but not Fukuzawa. He put the cake on a table and begun to look for the boy. "Hide and seek? That's unusual from you, but okay, let's play."

Ranpo searched under the sink — there was a bit of space under there that Fukuzawa was capable of crawling under — and inside it — inside the cabinet under it. He searched the fridge — thank goodness he wasn't there — and every little possible spot there was. No signal of him. Ranpo left and searched for him in the dorms, no sight of him. Either he was really good at hide and seek and Ranpo didn't know, or something bad happened.

"C'mon, Yukichi!" Ranpo called. "Don't you want some cake? Dazai is very capable of stealing it if we leave it for too long!" and that wasn't even a joke, it already happened a few times.

"Yukichi?" Ranpo called, worriedly, as he searched the last dorm of the ADA.

This is not Hide and Seek. He's gone for good.

Ranpo ran towards the main office, bumping onto his teenage co-workers and mafiosos that were there and chatted as they waited for the adults to finish their meeting. All eyes turned to the desperate Ranpo in such a hurry. He practically banged Atsushi's office's door when knocking repeatedly.

"Nakajima-san! Nakajima-san!" Ranpo shouted.

Kunikida pulled him back carefully. "Hey, Ranpo, calm down," he said. "Nakajima is in a meeting right now. What's going on?"

Ranpo looked at him, not calm at all. "Something very bad happened!"

"Did your candy stock end?" Dazai asked, teasingly.

"No! It's worse!"

The members looked visibly shocked. Something worse than losing candy to Ranpo?

The door was opened, Atsushi looked down to Ranpo and Kunikida. "What's wrong?"

Ranpo looked at him. "Fukuzawa's gone! I looked everywhere for him! I think he was kidnapped while I was gone!"

Atsushi's eyes went wide. "What?!"

"But who and why?" Kunikida asked, just as shocked.

"I don't know!" Ranpo said. His breath was slowing, the panic got to his head to the point he couldn't think, at all. This was a humiliating state to him, but he couldn't bother with that now, he was too busy trying to remain calm, sadly failing.

Atsushi lowered himself and held Ranpo, hugging him. "We're going to find him, okay?"

"We'll find him, Nakajima-san, don't worry!" Kunikida assured. "We'll bring him back, Ranpo."

Yosano put a hand on Ranpo's shoulder, he flinched at the sudden contact. "Hey, how about you eat that cake and then you calm down? That way you can figure out where he went."

She was right. Ranpo could find out where he was. He may not have an ability, but his intelligence was beyond any level. He took a deep breath, then nod. Atsushi let go of him.

"I'll go back to the meeting, knock if you need anything," Atsushi stood up.

"The meeting is over," Akutagawa said.

Atsushi looked over his shoulder, back at him. "No, it's not?"

"Nakahara, Odasaku, Ozāki, you both will help them find the kid," Akutagawa said.

"Yes sir," Odasaku said.

"Good excuse to get away from babysitting Mori again." Chūya whispered.

"Who?" Kunikida asked.