Vladamir's eyes met mine. "Not yet but we will find him."

Should I tell him about the messages? Maybe he can track down who sent them? But what if the person on the other side finds out and gets angry and I never get my dad back?

"Someone's been sending me messages." I said quietly, hoping I wouldn't regret it.

"Messages?"

I took my phone out of my pocket, unlocked it and handed it to Vladamir who took it immediately. I watched attentively as Vladamir skimmed through the messages, his facial expression blank as usual.

"I will find him."

We didn't go back to the hospital immediately, instead Vladamir insisted I eat some food before I did. The mood in the whole house was sombre and everyone seemed to tiptoe around me as if I was seconds away from loosing it. It was probably a good thing as I probably was only seconds away from going insane.

I ate my food robotically and slowly, though it most likely tasted good to everyone, to me it tasted bland like I was eating paper. Whilst I ate Vladamir took my phone to trace where the messages came from, he tried to explain how they might be able to track down the sender but my mind barely registered a word.

Vladamir also informed me that with my mum's permission they had begun informing our family and friends of my dad's death to which I was grateful for as I didn't think I had it in me to make those calls.

I was surprised that my mum hadn't wanted to see my dad's body, maybe seeing the body would make it real and my mum was in denial but I was later informed that Dr Woods had told her she was unable to do so now and would have to wait a couple more days.

Couple of days was how long Vladamir thought it would take to track down the person who was sending me those messages and recover my dad's body.

Vladamir seemed to have a plan to draw the people behind this out, yes people, he didn't think one person was responsible for this, he believed it to be the work of multiple people. I agreed with him on that part but there was another part of the 'plan' that I thought had no relevance or made any sense.

He believed that falsely informing people of my pregnancy would help him figure out the people were behind this which made absolutely no sense to me at all. He didn't explain why that would help just that it would.

How on earth will me being pregnant help us capture the sick twats behind this? Did he think they would somehow develop a conscious and decide to stop torturing the pregnant woman?

The only expansion he did on his reasoning was that it would draw them out. Draw who out exactly?

"I'm not pregnant." I told Nina for the third time. "Stop staring at my stomach like that."

The other Lycans much to my displeasure had decided to rally around me. I knew they meant well but at this moment in time all I wanted was to be left alone. They were currently in Vladamir's office discussing what to do now.

"Right. Sorry." Nina muttered as she gave me a small smile. "Do you want me to stay over?"

Having my sleep shattered by a crying baby was worse than having it wrecked by nightmares. My thoughts must have shown up on my face because Nina let out a laugh and quickly began to explain. "Gabriel will keep Riya. It'll just be us."

"I appreciate the offer but I'm okay." I told her hoping she wouldn't push me on it, I really did want to be left alone.

"How are things with you and Vladamir?" Nina subtly asked as she took a sip of her drink.

I took a few seconds to answer. "It's...good? He told me that he loves me."

The drink Nina was drinking just seconds ago was now sprayed all over my face.

"Ew."

"I'm so sorry." Nina said in between the coughs. I grabbed some kitchen roll and began wiping my face with one hand and using the other hand to pat Nina on the back, my pats were more like thumps than pats but she deserved it after spitting all over my face.

"Are you okay?" I questioned as Nina moved away from my heavy hand and took in deep breaths.

"Yeah I'm fine." Nina gasped out, her voice hoarse and low. "Vladamir said he loves you?"

The disbelief that coloured her tone was expected, I anticipate this would most likely be the same reaction from everyone who knows Vladamir. It's difficult to comprehend that a psychopathic, emotionless Lycan could actually care about someone other than himself never mind actually falling in love.

"Yeah." I tossed the wet and crumpled tissue into the bin.

"What did you say back to him? Do you love him? I can't believe he's actually in love with you." Nina was speaking so fast it was hard to keep up, the disbelief was gone from her voice and was now filled with excitement.

Did I love him?

"Oh my god, tell me everything!" Nina exclaimed as she held my hands. "I need to know everything."

Letting out a sigh I wondered if I should delve into our complicated relationship now, it didn't seem important given what had just happened and was currently happening but maybe a distraction would be a good thing.

Before I could dive into it my phone buzzed in my pocket causing me to pull it out. My eyes widened as I saw who the message was from, it was from the same person as earlier.

Do you want your dad back?

I quickly began typing, ignoring the eager looks Nina was giving me.

What do you want?

Should I call Vladamir over so he could read the messages? Should I give him my phone so they could trace it? Was it like phone calls where you had to stay on it for at least 30 seconds so you're able to get an accurate location?

You can have your dad's body back under one condition.

I let out a frustrated sigh when I saw the message, it was the same one as earlier and when I had pressed on what they wanted they had disappeared.

"Is everything okay?" Nina questioned her tone no longer filled with excitement.

"Yeah." I said absentmindedly. "I'm fine."

What condition?

There were only a few seconds delay before there was a response.

Break your mate bond with Vladamir Dufara.

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter

Who do you think is behind all this? Let me know what you think is going to happen next

I will upload again soon but you can read the full story and the start of Luca's story on www.patreon.com/kayy_b or on my subscription page on www.inkitt.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx