𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 35

Start from the beginning

"Oh my poor child..." Pomfrey sadly shook her head.

Like a switch, I snapped out of my trance and I began to pace in the room, my fingers tightly pulling at my curls, eyes on the cold floor, desperate to finally have answers.

"What the fuck is happening ?" I asked in a shaking strained voice.

But no one answered me. Pansy kept stroking Aelys's hair softly while Pomfrey cast another spell to clean the blood from her body. Blood from the torture she went through and blood from her thighs that I still didn't the reason to.

"That's impossible..." Aelys whispered in a shaky voice.

My head shot up to look at my girl, astonished to finally hear her voice. She seemed to know what had happened and I felt anger crept up my blood because I didn't and no one was telling me.

"Someone tell me what's going on ! Please..." My voice cracked but again, no one answered.

"Tell me my dear, since when were you late ?" Pomfrey asked softly.

My eyebrows furrowed even more as I looked at her confused. What the fuck was she talking about ?

"I wasn't..." My girl whispered again. "I had them a little more than a week ago..."

I tried again to ask what they were talking about but I was ignored once more. I could feel my anger growing and I didn't know if I was able to contain it much longer. I shot a pleading look toward Pansy who finally noticed me and she softly shook her head, signaling me I would know soon enough. The sorrow on her features didn't help to reassure me but I sighed and nodded curtly. My girl didn't need me to go feral right now.

"Were they like usual, dear ?" The nurse asked softly after clearing her throat.

I watched my wife intently as she frowned, trying hard to think before answering. Her eyes widened slightly and tears started to fall even more on her cheeks. My heart broke even more and I fought the urge to go over her, push Pansy away and hug my girl. I didn't know if she wanted me to touch her. She slowly shook her head and her grip on her cousin tightened.

"No... They were... Shorter and the blood was... Lighter..." Her voice broke and she started to sob louder, hiding her face in her hands.

I took a step toward her before stopping myself. I looked at Pansy with a pained expression, silently pleading with her to let me take my wife in my arms. I was starting to have an idea of what had happened but I didn't want to believe it was true. It couldn't.

"I am so sorry, dear... It wasn't your period..." The nurse said softly.

My heartbeat fastened as her words sinked in. My lips quivered as Aelys screamed in her hands. I could hear the pain, the despair in her scream and all I wanted to do was hold her and never let her go. Pansy's eyes shot to mine and she nodded softly before getting up. Aelys didn't even realize she wasn't in anyone's arms anymore, her screams and sobs only getting louder by the seconds. I rushed over the bed and put my arms around her, pulling her close to me.

She immediately hid her face in my chest and wrapped her arms around my torso, crying and letting out whimpers of pain. I carefully stroked her hair and rocked her slowly, trying desperately to soothe her broken heart. I wanted to destroy everything in the room and cry because I didn't need to hear what had happened anymore. I knew.

Yet, I didn't let the tears fall, nor did I let my anger explode. My beautiful wife needed me and I wasn't going to break down in front of her. But I couldn't stop my body from shaking with rage as all my shattered mind could think of was to destroy the Order for what they had done to my girl, to us. I knew it was better to not say anything, so I silently promised to her I would avenge her, us, for the loss of our unborn child.

The nurse conjured a potion in her hands and handed it out to me, a sad smile curling her lips.

"For the pain. The bleeding has stopped already so she doesn't need to be watched but she needs rest. I'll let the teachers know you are both excused from classes for a week."

I nodded and took the potion, not saying anything because I didn't trust my voice. Pomfrey mutters another apology and leaves the dorm, leaving us with Pansy. The brunette had tears running down her cheeks and she gave me a sad smile.

"I'm going to leave you alone, if you need anything, I'm here. Both of you."

I nodded to thank her, once again not trusting myself enough to speak. She left the dorm and my eyes fell on my girl. She was shaking and still crying in my chest, her small hands on my back and gripping firmly at my shirt. I allowed a tear to roll down my cheek before wiping it away and hugging her tighter.

¤

Hours had passed since Pomfrey and Pansy had left the dorm. Aelys hadn't stopped crying since we had learnt the loss of our child and I hadn't let go of her. Few tears had strained my cheeks but I had quickly wiped them away before she could see them. She needed me, I had to stay strong for her even if I was hurting too.

I had managed to give her the potion to ease her pain after 40 minutes of trying to convince her to take it. She had refused, repeating she deserved to suffer because she was the one at fault for the loss of our baby. I have had to tell her she wasn't guilty of anything and that she didn't deserve to suffer nor to go through this. I also promised her, this time out loud, that I would avenge our baby. That had seemed to appease her a little as she had finally agreed to take the potion.

Now it was dinner time and she had just fallen asleep, her head on my chest and her arms still around my torso. I carefully lifted her and laid down under the sheets of our bed, pulling her close to me. She snuggled more against my body and let out a small sigh of content in her sleep. That almost made me smile but I couldn't, all I had in mind was the miscarriage and how our life would have been if we hadn't lost the baby.

Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind and I frowned, wondering if I should do what my head was begging me to or not. I knew she wouldn't talk about what had happened with the Order but I needed to know. I wanted to destroy the bastard that had hurt my wife and caused her to have a miscarriage.

After several long minutes of thinking about the pros and cons of diving into her mind, I let out a soft sigh and closed my eyes, looking into her memories.

I searched for those after our wedding but a memory from before caught my attention. I looked at it and gritted my teeth while I saw my brother. I listened intently and balled my fists when he explained his plan. This little shit wanted to kill me ? I took a deep breath and let go of the memory, deciding that I would deal with him later, then, I went to her memories with the Order and my blood started to boil.

Fucking Weasley.

I opened my eyes as I got out of her mind and rested my brown orbs on her angelic face. Even with puffy eyes and cheeks stained with dry tears, she looked beautiful. I pressed a soft kiss on the top of her head and hugged her tighter.

My mind drifted to my brother and his plan. I would have to deal with him myself. If Father were to hear about it, he would kill him and I wasn't going to let that happen. Even if he had betrayed me, he was still my little brother.

As for Weasley, I was going to tear this bastard to pieces. No one hurts my girl and lives another day.