𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 29

Aelys

I sat on the bed and let my head drop in my hands, a loud groan of frustration escaping my throat. Now that we were in our dorm, I could express myself freely on Granger's death without fearing someone would eavesdrop. I felt the bed dip beside me before I was pulled to Mattheo's body. I melted in his embrace and sighed as he kissed my head.

"Do they have any way to find out it was you, darling ?" He asked, his tone filled with worry.

I shook my head 'no' and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"I used a dagger. The only magic I used was to send her body in the forest."

"That's clever." I felt him nodding. "You have nothing to worry about then, you're safe."

I nodded too and he cleared his throat before asking in a quiet voice, full of uncertainty.

"How do you feel about all this, my love ?"

"I-" I thought for a few seconds before shrugging softly. "Surprisingly good. I mean, I feel kinda bad for Granger, she never did anything wrong to me and she seemed kind. I also don't really like how some students are insulting her, saying she deserved to die but... I did what I had to do for your Father and his progress in this war. Either we accept our fate and do what's expected of us or we die so, my choice's already made."

He stayed silent for a while before sighing and hugging me tighter.

"I'm sorry you have to live this life. The murders, the darkness... Being forced to marry me. You deserve so much better." He sighed softly.

I frowned and pulled away, inspecting his guilt filled face. I cupped his cheeks and kissed him softly, both of us sighing with contentment into the kiss. I pulled away and leaned my forehead on his, closing my eyes.

"Don't say this." I pleaded quietly. "I wouldn't want a life where you're not here, Theo. Like I said, my choice is made. I choose you." I whispered.

He kissed me softly, like he was afraid I would vanish or break if he was too rough. We poured all our love into the kiss, letting each other know we weren't going anywhere.

We stayed in each other's arms for a while but my cramps started again and I winced slightly. I pulled away from his arms and kissed his cheek before grabbing another menstrual panty and disappearing in the bathroom.

Once I was done, I went back to the bedroom. I frowned as I saw Mattheo holding his left forearm. Our eyes met in a knowing look and I sighed.

"You can't go, there's aurors everywhere ! It will be far too suspicious."

"I can apparate from our dorm." He sighed then casted a spell toward the bathroom. The sound of water running echoed in the room and I frowned, confused. "But you have to stay here. If someone comes and asks you where I am, tell them I'm in the shower. Alright ?"