𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 7

Aelys

I shoot up in the bed breathing heavily. Sweat was covering my skin and I ran a hand through my long brown hair to try to soothe myself. I took a glance at the windows to see it was still dark outside. I looked at the clock. 3:22 am. I swore softly under my breath. What the hell was that dream ? Movements came from the other side of the bed and I stiffened. My eyes landed on Mattheo who was turning on his side, facing me. I exhaled a sigh of relief when I saw he was still asleep. Flash-backs of my dream came on my mind and I blushed, hard, before getting up and rushing into the bathroom. I splashed my face with cold water. What the fuck was wrong with me ? How could I dream of... that ? I never had such dreams before. I won't be able to look in Mattheo's eyes ever again. For Merlin's sake, I just had an erotic dream about him !

I groaned, running my hand in my hair in frustration. There was no way I would be able to fall asleep again. Especially since he was in the same bed I had to sleep in. But it was too early to be up. I couldn't leave the room. I was stuck here.

"Fuck..." I groaned.

I went back to the room, and Mattheo was luckily still asleep. I picked my wand up and went to sit on the couch in front of the bookshelf.

"Lumos." I murmured.

A small light came from the tip and I opened my book. At least I could finish it to get that dirty dream out of my mind.

¤

The sun began to rise and I stopped the spell from my wand. I heard Mattheo moving under the sheets and the grip I had on the book tightened. I couldn't let him read my mind after what happened with Tom and my dream. I swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat and took a glance at him. He was getting up while rubbing his eyes. He looked at my side of the bed before frowning and looking across the room. I kept my head down, not letting him know I was aware he was staring once his eyes landed on me.

"What are you doing up this early in the morning ?" He mumbled in a deep sleepy voice.

Shivers ran down my spine and the hair on my body rose. I cleared my throat.

"Couldn't sleep..."

He hummed and I heard footsteps coming my way. Then I felt his presence right behind me and my breath hitched.

"How long have you been up ?"

"What time is it ?" I asked softly.

"6:30."

I gulped. I was almost done reading my book and I hadn't noticed how much time had passed.

"3 hours."