"Me, too." I really am. I've been looking forward to this trip for weeks. "I'll help anyway I can."

"Thanks for being here, Hanni." Her face goes soft. "You're all I have."

Oh God.

To hear her say those words makes this whole situation a living hell. I wish I could tell her, prepare her for what's to come, but I can't do that to her. Not when this is supposed to be the happiest time of her life.

"I'll always be here for you, Elle. You know that." I allow the corner of my lips to curl up so she can see I'm being sincere. I plan to be here for her as much as I can—or as long as I can, anyway.

"No Sunghoon?" She tilts her head and furrows her brows as she finally notices the empty passenger seat.

I haven't told her yet.

"No, we broke up three months ago." I shrug my shoulders and bow my head.

"Han, you never told me." Her voice is low and sad.

I look back up and see the concerned look on her face. "I'm fine," I say reassuringly, but the way she purses her lips tells me she doesn't buy it. "I promise! I'm okay with it."

She exhales and flashes a knowing grin on her face. "Well, this calls for wine and ice cream."

I laugh at her enthusiasm and nod my head. Her happy energy is contagious.

I finally escape her death grip and walk to my trunk, popping it open and grabbing the suitcases I brought with me.

"I can't wait to give you the grand tour!"

She links arms with me, pulling one suitcase behind her. I pull the other with my right hand as we walk up the steps and into the house. And grand isn't even the right term to use.

"Wow, Elle. This is so beautiful."

"Thank you," she says proudly. "Lucas and I had most of it remodeled before we moved in. It needed a lot of work, but I'm happy with it."

It's one of those old Victorian houses with steady, thick beams and natural hardwood floors. The vintage scent still lingers in the air, but it smells like heaven—a mixture of oak and floral.

"It's absolutely charming. Your sense of style really adds to the character." I brush my fingers across the staircase banister. She's always had great taste. It's a mixture of modern chic meets sophisticated housewife. The walls and décor are all earthy tones and solid colors. They're easy on the eyes and blend in well with the view at the back of the house.

"Please tell me I can swim in there?" My eyes glaze over in a dreamy haze as I take in the clear, blue water. I'd never leave the house if I had a view like that.

"Oh, of course. There's a brand new dock out there and everything. Make yourself at home, Hanni kitty." She flashes me her mega-watt smile. "But it might be cold. So I don't suggest any late night swims or anything," she warns, as if she's reading my mind or something.

"You know I'm not eight years old anymore, Danielle. You can call me by my name." She's called me that my whole life, so I'm teasing her, even though I know it won't stop her.

"You'll always be Hanni kitty to me, sorry hon." She glances back, smirking. She walks me through the first floor, showing me the dining room, the living room, the kitchen, the breakfast room, the three full bathrooms, her office, and the back porch—all before we make it back to the staircase in the front of the house.

"Wow…that was quite the tour." I grin.

"The guest rooms are up here." She begins walking up the stairs, suitcase in one hand.