Chapter Ten

CHAPTER TEN

Ruby's POV

November

Olivia is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life. Her pink gown brings out the natural blush of her cheeks and the little sparkles that Alana and Abuelita added to the gown itself in the bodice bring out the sparkles in Olivia's eyes when she's smiling at me.

Alana and Monse stood at the front handing out the programs but Alana spent more time on her phone trying to get ahold of Oscar than she did welcoming all the guests. To the point I thought I was going to have to pull a Jamal and take her phone to smash it just to shut her up.

But Olivia needed me more than anything right now. She was nervous. All these people here and she barely knew them. Only had met them a few times and of course they all acted like they loved her so much.

"Ruby... You have done so much for me; I can't thank you enough." Olivia said to me in the small hallway of the church. Her lips were glossed with the perfect shade of pink to accentuate the natural pigment of her lips.

I smiled at her and didn't really know what else to say. I wouldn't have done all this for anyone else. Only her. She means everything to me and she knows that. I'm glad she knows that. I'm glad she chose me because she easily could have chosen Cesar but after seeing what I have to offer for her and the up and downs that Alana goes through with Oscar she realized being with me is the best option.

She told me I make her feel safe.

"Ruby can I tell you something?" She said as she fixed my tie and then brushed my hair from my forehead. "If it's too soon-"

"You can tell me anything, Olivia." I licked my lips as I stared at hers. Mine... Those lips belong on mine.

She draped her arms on my shoulders and moved closer to me, we were chest to chest now and her eyes glimmered as she looked into mine. The little bit of glitter on her eyelids was dusting onto her face and sticking to her eyelashes.

"I love you Ruby, like really love you. I know us being together might be wrong but... If loving you if wrong then I refuse to ever be right again in my entire life. You told me before that you would be the love of my life and you're right. Because you are. You're the love of my life Ruby." She swallowed hard and looked like a weight was lifted off her shoulders as she said that.

I kissed her gently and breathed out into her ear. "I love you more, Olivia. And I will protect you until the day I die. Do you understand the lengths I would go to for you? I'd burn the world for you if you asked. I'd do anything for you. I'd die for you and most importantly I'd kill for you."

She blushed and giggled. "This is why I fell in love with you. You're dedicated to me. And you don't just say it to say it... I mean, look at all this. You did this and so much more."

"There's plenty more surprises tonight." I winked. "And maybe more if you're a good girl."

Olivia playfully hit my arm. "Ruben Martinez! We are in a church!"

I couldn't help but laugh. "Then we better bless ourselves before we sin."

I kissed her again, this time more passionately before I heard shrieking. Happy shrieking. Olivia pulled away and smiled with relief. "Good, Alana's happy. Oscar is here and so is Cesar and he- Oh Ruby..."

When I saw Cesar I knew it was true.

He killed Latrelle and it was written all over his face, I mean he's currently sporting the Santo shaved head now. Next will be the teardrop on his face and a damn cross tattooed somewhere on his body. I wonder if he'll go to a tattoo shop or get it done on his front lawn.