8. Don't Fear The Reaper

So. Here it is. The season 1 finale. This is an episode that horrified me the first time I watched it. And now I have to re-watch it again to finish the first half of this story. I hope you guys appreciate me putting my mind through hell again :(

For my sake and for your sake I'm going to twist the narrative (because fuck Canon sometimes you know) and I will speed through this chapter. I cannot look at the majority of the 8th episode ever again. I'm sorry if this finale is going to be quite short but fuck that I'm speeding right through it so I'm coming up with my own dialogue during *that part* so yeah that's all

-

Morning time.

Kalafri has been sitting on top of the roof of the home waiting for you, Maria, Viessa, Madeline, and Bennett to return. Arno is using eagle vision to scan the trees.

Kalafri: You see anything?

Arno: No. Not at all. We can only assume they've been captured. Dammit! What was I thinking?

Kalafri: It is not your fault Arno-

Arno: But it is! I put them in danger!

Kalafri: Arno! Listen to me! You couldn't have known anyone would be at the Abbey in the dead night while the vampires all congregate at the chateau. Not at all plans go perfectly.

Arno: Shit...

Tera, after having guidance by Kalafri, reads the book on her own. Eventually, she cracks the code.

Tera: I've got them!

Tera walks out of her room as Richter, Annette, Elise, and Kalafri walk into the main room.

Annette: Did you find out any details?

Tera: I have. The machine can't be destroyed. It was forged in hell by a powerful evil. Even though we can't destroy the machine, it can be sent back to hell. This book will enable me to create a portal. And then we just need you, Annette. Use your powers to push the machine through it. Kalafri, protect her just in case other vampires head to find her.

Richter: To put it short, we need to open a door to hell to save everyone. Only catch is, where are the others?

Loud pounding at the door can be heard. Arno and Elise ready their firearms and aim it at the door, but Richter opens the door to find Mizrak standing there, trying to catch his breath. But he speaks once he recovers.

Mizrak: The Abbot has your friends. And Maria. Erzsebet is going to sacrifice her.

This news shocks everyone, especially Tera. Having their worst fears come true is enough for the vampire slayers to gear up and head out to the abbey.

Tera, Annette, Richter, Arno, Elise, Mizrak, and Kalafri rush through the town as Kalafri flies through the air. And as they continue to proceed to the abbey, the sun begins to be blotted out, covering the land in darkness as the clouds become dark as well. Elise stares up at the once bright sun, now nothing more than a blackened dot with a round white edge.

Elise: She did it... she fucking did it...

In the woods away from the town, Drolta flies through the trees with many other vampires. At the chateau, Erzsebet stands at a rectangular fountain watching the reflection of the eclipse. The very moment she holds her hands out to the eclipse, her body undertakes a more powerful form, as she is now transformed into something more than a vampire.

Erzsebet: I... am Sekhmet. Goddess of War. Mistress of dread. Lady of slaughter. She who mauls.

As Erzsebet takes off on her chariot, Olrox vanishes into a dark smoke.