4. Nightmares Of Reality

At the Renard residence, a day after the events of last night, you look out the window as everyone else is centered at the table.

Tera: If The Forgemaster is in the Abbey, the Abbot must be their prisoner.

Maria: Or The Abbot invited him in.

Viessa: At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if he was invited. No way would the vampires ever be this friendly with him.

Tera looks to Viessa.

Tera: That's impossible, he's a good man.

You look to Tera.

Y/N: Tera, do you know him? It sounds like you do.

Tera: When I first came to Machecoul, it was the Abbot who helped me.

Maria: Though when you think about it, with the church in alliance with evil, we were stupid to not think of it before.

Tera: But vampires, Maria?

Maria: If you look at the history of the church, it'd be hardly surprising. Well, maybe a bit surprising.

Madeline: Wouldn't be all that much of a shocker to me. I know the history, front and back. The tried to cover their tracks of late.

Arno: Let's say our fears are true, and the church is in league with the vampires. What then?

Bennett, as he's creating a few arrows, looks up.

Bennett: We kill the vampires. Every last one of them.

Elise: Bennett, I'm certain it's not that simple.

Bennett: Steel and arrows still kill vampires, correct? It doesn't get much simpler than that.

Y/N: Chances are whatever they're doing, The Messiah has to be there.

Kalafri: Wouldn't put it past Bathory to work with humans who hate humanity. Wouldn't be the first time.

Richter notices Annette's sorrow. He walks up to her.

Richter: Are you alright?

Annette simply looks to the floor. Madeline and Viessa come to comfort her.

Richter: You can't be sure that was him.

Y/N: Who else would have eyes like that? It was Ed. And... he was made into the same creatures who killed many.

Richter looks to you as well.

Richter: When it comes to seeing someone you love die, you end up seeing them everywhere for a long time.

Madeline: We all know that pain, Richter.

Annette gets up, being closer to Richter.

Annette: They were his eyes, Richter.

Bennett: I'm with Annie on this. Those eyes were human enough.

Richter: I don't know much about night creatures, but I don't think you do either, Annette.

Y/N: But I know I do. I've seen many since my time on the frontlines with the other Sorcerers.

Richter gets closer to Annette as well.

Richter: I know it's awful to think your friend was turned into one of them, but-

Annette stands up.

Annette: I abandoned him, and they killed him. I cannot abandon him now.

Richter: So what do you want me to do? Rescue him?

Kalafri: Of course! We just can't leave him there to rot!