Chapter 23: Paper Ball

Start from the beginning

"Shut up. It's not like much is going to happen. He's my best friend and he likes cho. I knew I'd be going with Fred when I saw Harry look at Cho on the train."

Hermione sighed.

"Well, we can go up to the dorm and eat sweets."

"Yes Please"

.-.-.-.-

I was sitting in the common room with Harry who was trying to figure out the egg and Hermione reading when Ginny walked in with a shaky Ron.

"What the..." I mumbled

"What happened to you" Harry said to Ron as we walked over.

"He just asked fleur delacour out," Ginny said.

"What" Hermione asked.

"What did she say?" Harry asked.

"No Of course" I said. Then Ron shook his head.

"She said yes," Hermione asked in shock.

"There she was walking by. You know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out." Ron replied

"he sorta screamed at her. It was sorta frightening" Ginny said.

"What then" I asked.

"What else? I ran for it? I'm not cut out for this Harry. I don't know what got into me" he said. Then I heard two people say hi to Harry. I looked up and saw the Patil twins. He said a quick hi back before looking back at Ron then quickly back at them.

.-.-.-

Dad lettered me asking to have a fireplace talk tonight so after they figured out Ron I stayed in the common room. Harry sat with me still trying to piece together the egg.

"Pup" I heard someone hiss. I looked up from my book and saw Dad in the fireplace.

"Hi," I said standing up and sitting in front of the fireplace. "Harry's nearby," I said

"Oh hi Harry"

"Hi Sirius," he said back.

"Ok I found your mum's old dresses and I think I found the perfect one for your ball. I think you have a picture of it in the leather jacket if you didn't take it out."

"What?"

"Well, I guess you didn't. I always had her picture in my pocket. It's in the inside pocket."

"Oh! Ok. I'll find that after:

"Ok. Oh, and the dress should be there tomorrow."

"Ok"

"Take pictures. Send them to me or Moony"

"I will"

"Who are you going with"

"Fred"

"Oh you lettered me about that didn't you"

"Yeah but I never told me the results so I guess I know now"

"Yeah. Oh and tell Moony Ace is here"

"I will...how's the scars"

"There ok."

"How about Harry's? I haven't heard much about them"

"He hasn't said much about it. Harry How's your scar"

"Good," Harry said back.

"He said they're good"

"Good. Well, tell him good luck on the next task."

"I will"

" Alright have fun at the ball and we'll talk soon"

"Ok"

"Bye"

"Bye," I saw him start to get up. "Love you," I said

"Love you too pup" Then there was silence for a minute as he didn't actually stop the call. "Moony did you hear that!"

"Dad you didn't stop it"

"Shit! Bye!"

Then he disappeared. I looked back at Harry.

"I'm heading up to bed. Please get some sleep. I can help you out with the egg possibility tomorrow or the day after ok"

"Ok"

"Don't stress over this stupid egg. It will be fine"

"Ok I won't"

"Good. I'll see you in the morning" he nodded "Night"

"Good night"