Sweet Rain

Author's note: I'll be busy on the weekend so this chapter's updated sooner than promised. If this chapter gets 50 votes, I'll update the next chapter soon.

By the way, have you guys seen the new illustration of Honami in Y2V10?

Timeline: 1 week after "A White Lie". 

Ichinose's POV

"Oh no! It's raining!"

I was dazed as I saw the pouring drops of rain when I reached the entrance. Unexpectedly, the sky outside suddenly started raining heavily. Unfortunately, I had forgotten to bring my umbrella with me today.

It didn't seem that the rain would stop even if I waited here any longer. I guessed I really had no choice but to return to the dormitory in a state like this.

When I was about to take the first step, a familiar voice called out to me from behind.

"Are you going to leave without an umbrella in this rain?"

"Ayanokouji-kun!?" As I turned back to confirm it, I was right. That person was none other than him. I wondered why Ayanokouji-kun was so good at timing. I felt like he always appeared to help me when I was in trouble.

"Uhm, I forgot my umbrella..." I responded in a shy tone as I looked away to avoid making eye contact with him. Since the day Ayanokouji-kun took care of me from my cold after the school trip, I couldn't face him directly.

"Then, Ichinose should use my umbrella." Having said that, Ayanokouji-kun immediately handed over his umbrella to me. How could he treat me so kindly!? 

"Ehh!? But what about Ayanokouji-kun? You can't return without an umbrella!"

"I'll run back to the dormitory. This rain actually isn't a big deal to me." He said indifferently.

"What!? No, that's not good for you at all!" I tried returning the umbrella but he refused to receive it. If Ayanokouji-kun caught a cold because of me, I wouldn't be able to forgive myself! 

"Didn't Ichinose catch a cold last week? Therefore, Ichinose should be the one to use it." How could I convince him to keep the umbrella? His reasons were impossible to deny!

I kept staring at the umbrella that was offered to me. For a while, my mind was blank and I only heard the sound of rain echoing in the space... until Ayanokouji-kun came up with a bold idea.

"Then, why don't we use this umbrella together?"

"The two of us, huh?" I couldn't help but roll my eyes. There was no reason I wouldn't like that suggestion. However, I was still hesitant to make a decision.

"But... If Karuizawa-san saw us walking under an umbrella together, she may misunderstand us." I told him my opinion. I was a sensitive woman after all.

"Don't worry. If by any chance Kei found us, I would explain to her properly." Ayanokouji-kun told me.

Maybe it would be okay. To be honest, I couldn't erase the sense of guilt inside me. Yet, I couldn't resist the desire to be by his side. Thus, I accepted his offer and accompanied him to the dormitory.

The drops of rain continued hitting the umbrella, making some popping sound along our way. The atmosphere was supposed to be comfortable and gentle. Even so, my heart was pounding really fast!

Ayanokouji-kun and I snuggled up perfectly under the umbrella. Although his umbrella was fairly large, it just had enough space for two persons. Precisely, It looked like a typical scene in the Korean romantic movie I had watched 3 days ago. 

The male protagonist held the umbrella while his girlfriend hugged his other arm. I had dreamed of it happening to me and Ayanokouji-kun. At this moment, my dream came true.

Unconsciously, my body moved on its own faster than I expected. Before I knew it, I was holding Ayanokouji-kun's strong arm tightly and rubbing my cheek against it.

"Ichinose?" He was concerned with my doing.

"I-I'm sorry, Ayanokoji-kun!... I'll get wet if we don't stick together!" I tried to make an excuse so he wouldn't get suspicious. Still, I wouldn't let go of his arm...

"If Ichinose's going to be wet then it can't be helped, right? I don't mind though, you can keep doing it if you like." Surprisingly, Ayanokouji-kun gladly accepted me without resistance. I felt so ashamed for taking advantage of your warm-heartedness like this.

"Thank you very much!" I hugged Ayanokoji-kun's arm tightly. If you looked at us from the side now, you may confuse us with a couple of lovers. My happy time would continue until we got close to the dormitory.

I wanted this happy time to last forever but that was just my wish. When we arrived at the lobby of the dormitory, Ayanokouji-kun's face suddenly turned pale and he stopped moving.

I followed his line of sight... There was a blonde girl standing there, glaring at us with her frightening eyes.