I'm in Darkness

Timeline: Y2V8

Day 4 of the school trip, 8:00 PM

I avoided the eye of my classmates and came to the wooden deck in the backyard. It was naturally cold in this place where the snow was pouring and the wind was blowing.

But I thought it was fine.

If I just caught a cold... no, I was going to cause trouble for everyone.

Today was different from that rainy day last spring. 

Unlike that day, it wasn't a long vacation now...

Unlike that day, I'm on a school trip...

And unlike that day... Ayanokouji-kun wasn't next to me. The boy who used to save me is now out of reach. 

After being rejected by him, I've put on a mask of fake happiness. I tried to get along well with my friends and pretended to be happy.

But it was false. Although I always smiled when everyone was around, I wasn't okay at all. Inside me, my heart had already been shattered and the wounds were bleeding.

"I need him... I'm really the worst." I muttered involuntarily. Even though Ayanokouji was dating Karuizawa-san, I still wanted him to be by my side.

The pitifulness brought tears to my eyes. I wiped them with my hand but they didn't stop.

I was far from aiming for Class A. My class had fallen down to Class D and I hadn't even found a way to solve the problem.

I guessed this was reality. I wasn't living in a fairy tale where the good people had a happy ending. From the beginning, my class was destined to lose this battle.

The snow and the wind were getting stronger and stronger, eroding my body and mind. However, I didn't care and continued to stare at the beautiful night view.

How long had I been here? I asked myself that question. At that moment, I heard the faint sound of someone's footsteps.

To be continued...