32

"Unnie, why are you looking at Mrs

"Unnie, why are you looking at Mrs. Jones like you're about to strangle her," Lisa smiles nervously as she nods at what our parents are talking about.

I turn my attention back to Lisa, immediately thinking of something and blurting out, "I liked her coat." she raises her eyebrows at me and then nods.

I kept my gaze on my mom and Mrs. Jones until they were done talking. My mom pulled us back talking about how school has been for us till now. Once she was done talking to all of us, I pulled Mom away and sat where Dad was sitting.

"You look so pretty! I knew you would look the most sexy girl here!" I immediately cringed at her words as Dad started to cough on his wine. She hit his arm lightly and my dad frowned.

Gosh, I missed them!

I shook my head before I could forget the main motive behind this talk.

"Eomma..." she smiles looking at me and hums. "Are you and Mrs Jones friends kinda?"

She chuckles lightly, "Well you can say that. But we're work friends, she's currently applying for a job at my law firm and I couldn't be much happier to have her here join me!" she says with a brilliant smile.

"Oh that's great..." I smile and roam my eyes to find Mrs. Jones. She was now talking to Headmaster Psy. Something doesn't look good there.

In a few minutes, their conversation got heated and Headmaster Psy excused himself from the crowd taking Mrs Jones along with him.

It's my cue to find answers.

I was about to stand up when my mom and Mrs. Kim stood in front of me. Aunty gave me the tightest hug before mumbling about how gorgeous I looked tonight. "Jisoo dear, I'm so happy to see you again."

"Me too, sung mo." (Aunty)

We pulled back and then Mom said, "I'm glad our Taehyung asked Jisoo." she smiled at Mrs. Kim, "This girl wouldn't go near any guy."

I scoffed at my mom's words. Only if I tell her the truth.

My attention goes back to Mrs. Kim as she holds my hand flickering my corsage, "I'm glad too. But I'm more glad choosing the right flowers for her corsage."

What?

Before I could ask, my mom did, "You got the corsage?"

"Of course I did. My son is an idiot but I know what his choice is. But then again he's an idiot who never knew what a corsage was." she rolled her eyes chuckling.

This is hella confusing.

If Aunty got these for me and Taehyung had no plans of going to ball with Willow... why didn't he ask me then?

And— Jimin... Jimin gave me the corsage this evening saying he got an extra one for Rosé, so I took it.

Fuck.