17.

The next day, Paul and I headed over to dads for Christmas, meeting Bella Seth and Nes outside

Nes comes over hugging me and then surprisingly hugs Paul as well

The door opens and Dad and Sue come out as Nes runs towards them... There she is. Come here. Dad says, catching her in his arms, spinning her around.

Oh! Wow! Look at you. You've grown half a foot! Seriously. Like 6 inches. Dad says.

Come on inside. Lunch is on the table. Sue says.

We got a tree to decorate, huh? Dad asks Nes

I've actually got a few errands to run, guys. I'll be back soon, okay? Bella says, and I give her a questioning look, she just gives me the I'll tell you later look before climbing in the car, leaving.

Come on. Let's go. Dad says.

Paul and I walk in behind them, taking a seat at the table to eat lunch. After lunch, we sit in the living room while Dad and Nes decorate the tree.

All right! Present time! Let's go! Leah, stop eating. Seth, get it going. Dad says.

Seth passes a present to Renesmee. She opens it to reveal a hand made bracelet with a wolf that looks similar to his. She smiles as he puts it on her.

What did you get me? Seth asks Leah.

I'm not giving you anything. She says.

Well, Dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours, but here it is. Bella says.

As she gives dad a piece of paper smiling, I already know what it is

It's a 5-day fishing trip to Fraser River. It's for you and Sue. I say.

You leave tomorrow. Bella says.

Wow, that's really nice. Thank you. Tomorrow? I can't leave tomorrow. Dad says.

I made arrangements for you at work. Sue says.

Sneaky. And extravagant. Dad says.

And non-refundable, I'm afraid. Edward says.

You three trying to get rid of me? Dad asks.

We all go quite, thinking he might have figured out something was wrong.

Because it's working. He says laughing, Fraser River. That means we'll be chasing Cutthroat.

We might even hook a Rainbow or some Bulls. Sue says.

Woman knows her trout. Dad says, looking over at Sue with a smile on his face.

Later that night, as the snow is falling, the vampires and us have set up camp in the woods, Seth brings some wood and drops it on the ground

then Benjamin uses his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and throws it on the woods to start a fire.

That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories. I say, cuddling into Paul's side.