⊹ꔛ⁑∘↝14.

Start from the beginning

━♡♥♡→ 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹

I'd texted Ibe, who sent the location of the hospital that he was at, and made my way over. He'd told me that Ash was in surgery and would most likely be out by the time that I'd gotten there, so I called a taxi and met Ibe outside of the hospital.
"I thought a police officer took you to the station," Ibe said.
"I have connections. So is Eiji in the station?"
"Yeah, along with the other people. Come, let's go inside."

I followed Ibe inside and stood in a hallway with Ibe, Max, Charlie and Jenkins. A surgeon stood in front of us.
"The knife reached his peritoneum. Any normal person would die. He looks delicate, but he has a strong, iron-like body."
"He has plot armor? So he's fine?" I asked.
Before the surgeon could answer the question, the clattering of a bed faded in and on the bed was Ash, still unconscious.
"If he's strong enough, he'll pull through."

━♡♥♡→ 𝓽𝓲𝓶𝓮𝓼𝓴𝓲𝓹

Ash was awake, so Jenkins, Charlie and I entered. His peaceful expression was gone and replaced with his usual one.
"Hey, how are you feeling?" Jenkins asked.
"Still can't die, huh."
"Don't say that. It's a good thing you're alive."
"I wouldn't be so sure."
"You understand what you did, right? You're eighteen now. You're not a child anymore."
"I've ignored the law all my life. I'm not going to ask the law to protect me now."
"I see." Charlie and Jenkins left the room, so it was only me and Ash.
"If you keep making that face, you'll get wrinkles."
"If you keep not sleeping, you'll get eyebags."
"I was going to sleep but I was just thinking about you."
"Never say that again."
I groaned. "Why are you so cold?"
"If I'm so cold, then why do you insist on being with me all the time?"
"Move up," I told him, going to sit next to him. He did as I asked, but folded his arms.
I laughed and linked my arm with his. "Chill out. Don't you enjoy–"
"Excuse me, only patients are meant to be on the bed." I turned around to see four nurses looking down at me as if they wanted to kill me.
"You can still do your job," I smiled at them.
"Hi~" The brunette nurse said to Ash.
"How are you feeling?" A blonde one asked.
"We're going to be in charge of you," another said.
A strawberry blonde nurse also appeared.
"Nice to meet you," they all cooed.
"Yeah," Ash said.
"And we've already decided to take turns."
"So let us know when, okay?"
"Do your job woman," I scoffed.
She held up a urinal jug, still smiling. "You know, this."
I turned to look at Ash, holding in my laugh at his bewildered face.
The nurse left it in the room and they all left.

Ash looked at me. "Keep them away from me!" Hearing Ash, Charlie and Jenkins came in and sat at the side of the bed.
"They won't let me take a piss alone. This isn't a strip club. Urinals aren't for their entertainment!"
A knock on the door stopped Ash's exclamation.
"Captain," They said from the other side of the door.
"Excuse me," Jenkins said, standing up.

"It isn't easy being hot, huh," Charlie said.
Ash ignored his comment. "Did you meet Eiji? Did he come here?"
"Uh, right. Eiji. Only lawyers are allowed to meet you now. Sorry Y/N."
"Sorry?" I asked. "What if I told you I'm qualified?"
"I...wouldn't believe you?"
"I am qualified, though...the only way I will get out of this room is if I'm dragged by my hair."
"Alright."

The door slid open, and a well-presented man with glasses came in with Jenkins.
"Mr. Halper from the public prosecutor's office," Jenkins introduced him.
Mr. Halper handed a paper to Ash. It was titled 'intelligence psychological test'.
"It's just a formality. It doesn't mean anything," Mr Halper said, smiling.
Ash smirked, "You want to know if I'm plain crazy or crazy mad?"
The prosecutor laughed. "You're so funny."