56

DIALOGUE

< MIYA'S CONDO — Living Room,
10:28 PM >

Miya walks up to the couch, allowing her shoulder bag to slide past her arms and sits down next to Aldrine, who appears to be sleeping, his head resting on the backrest of the couch.

She sits next to him, both legs on the mattress. She props her elbow against the backrest, her head on her palm, and her gaze is drawn on Aldrine's side profile.

She doesn't seem to mind the slight sting of her ankles from her sandals' strap now that she's observing the soft blow of breathe from Aldrine's slightly parted lips and his eyeglass holding firm on the bridge of his nose.

Cautiously, Miya takes off his eyeglass. After placing them on the coffee table, she reaches for Aldrine's laptop and closes it. The cup of coffee beside it catches her eye, she picks it up and her lips tug down seeing that the liquid has been fully consumed.

Miya
Pampatulog niya yata talaga 'to.

A warm hand wraps itself around her waist.

Aldrine
Hindi naman.

The smile on Aldrine's face (head still leaning on the backrest, eyes still closed) makes Miya's lips pout. She leans in for his touch right away.

Miya
Akala ko tulog ka na.

Aldrine
Nagpapahinga lang.

Habang naghihintay sa 'yo.

Eventually, Aldrine straightens up. His eyes are fast to catch Miya's. He grabs Miya's legs and have them rest on his lap, his hands automatically find their way to her ankles.

Aldrine
Hinatid ka ni 'marami kaming ihahatid niya'?

Miya finds it difficult to suppress her smile. She bites her lower lip as she nods.

Miya
Sa harap ng main gate lang ako nagpababa.