44

DIALOGUE

< MIYA'S CONDO UNIT,
Bedroom — 1:03 AM >

Aldrine smiles weakly watching Miya on the video, sitting on a chair on the front porch, eating on some apples, her tummy had been as round as a ball.

Miya (mouth stuffed with apples)
Ang bigat mo na Chi.

Her palm traced circles on her belly.

Miya
I can't wait to have you in my arms.

Miya
'Nak, purgang-purga na ako sa mansanas. Ayaw mo bang magbago ng gustong kainin?

Miya's upper body jolted slightly, and her eyes went wide. She promptly pushed the unfinished bowl of apples to the table. Her mouth dropped open, and her right hand raced to the lower part of her round tummy.

Miya
Chi . . . .

Miya stared down at her bulging stomach Her hair followed the movement of her head, strands falling beyond her shoulder, almost blocking her view that she had to tuck her hair behind her ears.

Miya
All right—(chuckles)—we'll stick to the apples.

Miya's gaze moved to the camera she had set up, her smile widened more as she realized she had captured the moment on cam.

Miya
You have such a strong kick.

Miya (chuckled)
Nag-MMA ka rin ba?

Aldrine can't seem to get over the next footage. It was Miya sitting on a mat outside the yard. The sun casted golden light across her skin. One-month-old Chi was cuddled up against her chest. Miya's eyes were gently closed while she rocked their bodies in gentle pace.